Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2022 12:33:54 AM EDT
I have a Hungarian parts kit with original barrel, and I like to build it up with an 80& receiver.  Who do I do with; Childers, AK Builder, another company I dont know off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You only have another week to get one before they stop selling them (as of this post). So I would go with Recreator Blanks if they have the one you want in stocks. Childers won't have it built in time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You only have another week to get one before they stop selling them (as of this post). So I would go with Recreator Blanks if they have the one you want in stocks. Childers won't have it built in time.
View Quote

If this was 6 months ago Id say Childers all day every day. But like he said, at this point go with what you can get.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with a Recreator Blanks receiver.

They have a 20% and free shipping code.  It's 20ANDFREESHIP
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If this was 6 months ago Id say Childers all day every day. But like he said, at this point go with what you can get.
View Quote

I missed the boat on both Tortort and Childers receiver blanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Im not sure Childers isnt still taking orders. I just bought one from them last week
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I may or may not have stock piled 7.62x39 blanks, and don't really have a huge interest in 5.56 or 5.45 blanks, but am now rethinking ordering some 5.56/5.45 blanks. A modern Polish build after all might be cool someday...
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I may or may not have stock piled 7.62x39 blanks, and don't really have a huge interest in 5.56 or 5.45 blanks, but am now rethinking ordering some 5.56/5.45 blanks. A modern Polish build after all might be cool someday...
View Quote
FWIW you can always mod the 5.56/5.45 blanks to become 7.62 blanks.....

And a 5.56 AK is a nice option to have in the stable especially if politicians get full stupid with import ammo.  WBP and AC Unity 5.56 mags are pretty affordable compared to the past where 5.56 AK mags were stupid expensive.  Circle 10's are the "best" but only when you can find them and afford them.  PSA apparently is working on their own mags but with things being what they are I would rather have something in hand now than hope for later.  

I plan on modernizing the hell out of my 5.56 build.  My other AKs are all traditional wood and steel.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Arms of America just sent out an email; all WBP 80% blanks are $50, with additional quantity discounts. I still have yet to actually complete an AK build (only done rear trunnion replacements on Saigas), so I can't comment on longevity, but they sure look good quality from the ones I already bought. They are heat treated with the rails welded and center rivet installed, with no holes drilled.

Just need to be careful if using the AK builder FCG drilling jig. I ruined one because I drilled the FCG holes in the wrong spot. The trigger hole (which the jig indexes on) is a few MMs off from the AK builder blanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Arms of America just sent out an email; all WBP 80% blanks are $50, with additional quantity discounts. I still have yet to actually complete an AK build (only done rear trunnion replacements on Saigas), so I can't comment on longevity, but they sure look good quality from the ones I already bought. They are heat treated with the rails welded and center rivet installed, with no holes drilled.

Just need to be careful if using the AK builder FCG drilling jig. I ruined one because I drilled the FCG holes in the wrong spot. The trigger hole (which the jig indexes on) is a few MMs off from the AK builder blanks.
View Quote
Yeah i saw that.  I'm tempted to buy more just because this is 2005-2009 NDS-1 prices cheap.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top