Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2020 8:53:17 PM EDT
Would this be reliable enough to be attached to a Draco? Not being able to use an endplate for anti-rotation seems inferior in my opinion. And without an endplate, no staking will be taking place.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I'm overthinking this...but why would staking be necessary?

The staking on an AR is to prevent the tube from backing out and causing a malfunction with the buffer and spring during firing.
Since the the AK platform operates differently, the tube rotating slightly isnt a big deal and wont cause the rifle to malfunction.
I would bet if you were really concerned with it, blue loctite would suffice to keep the tube from rotating.

I've never owned anything by Stormwerkz, but I've used their stuff on other people's rifles before, and never seen or heard of an issue with it. I dont see it having any problems on your Draco.

IIRC, @Finslayer83 used a Stormwerkz hinge on his Draco SBR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I'm overthinking this...but why would staking be necessary?

The staking on an AR is to prevent the tube from backing out and causing a malfunction with the buffer and spring during firing.
Since the the AK platform operates differently, the tube rotating slightly isnt a big deal and wont cause the rifle to malfunction.
I would bet if you were really concerned with it, blue loctite would suffice to keep the tube from rotating.

I've never owned anything by Stormwerkz, but I've used their stuff on other people's rifles before, and never seen or heard of an issue with it. I dont see it having any problems on your Draco.

IIRC, @Finslayer used a Stormwerkz hinge on his Draco SBR.
View Quote

There's no retainer spring on an AK but you still don't want the buffer tube rotating around or loosening. Maybe blue loctite is the answer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Stake the castle nut
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
how is this installed to the rear of the reciever
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:30:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stake the castle nut
View Quote

Ah I suppose I could stake the adapter to the castle nut! Never thought of that lol
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how is this installed to the rear of the reciever
View Quote

Bolted to the back of the receiver. You have to drill two holes into the back of the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
the latest ones have a set screw on the bottom
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top