Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2017 12:15:44 AM EDT
Last I heard around Shot Show, they were in the process of setting up a production line and were aiming to ship inside of Q3 and certainly before end of year.

Wondering if anything has changed or if they are still on target for that, given downturn in gun sales since the election?

I am really excited to see if its a good product, and plan on picking one up when they come in to the stores here.

Edit: before the end of 2017
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Last I heard around Shot Show, they were in the process of setting up a production line and were aiming to ship inside of Q3 and certainly before end of year.

Wondering if anything has changed or if they are still on target for that, given downturn in gun sales since the election?

I am really excited to see if its a good product, and plan on picking one up when they come in to the stores here.
View Quote

Which Year?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
No definitely appreciate the perspective, especially from inside the industry!

I had just seen an AK operators union 47-74 video interview with their booth, figured y'all on the AK sub forum would know more.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone dba kalashnikov USA
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
K-USA is a joke if you ask me. They have been promising rifles for years now and have delivered nothing notable. They have the KS-12, big whoop.... the market is flooded with AK-style shotguns. Their web-page is useless, they have no accessories for anything.... end of rant. Myself I'm waiting for the IWI offerings, maybe a Tav 7.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In all seriousness, from what I can gather Kalishnikov USA doesn't really make anything, and may just be the "marketing face" for another entity, possibly just to test ideas on the market and gauge reaction(?)

It is kind of a running insider joke in the industry of how they have a big booth at SHOT Show every year, but never actually sell anything, and most their designs seem to disappear into thin air after a year or two and are replaced by another design that will also disappear in a year or two.

If they are a real manufacturing company, and not just a marketing face or import company (or even if they are) they have DEEP pockets to keep buying huge booths at SHOT but never actually sell anything.

Just my perspective from someone who works in the industry.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Board meeting at Kalashnikov USA?

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't hold your breath.

Honestly I don't think we will ever see anything from them hit the shelves.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't hold your breath.

View Quote
Well there's these.

https://www.copesdistributing.com/kalashnikov-polymer-30rd-magazine-kr9mag-p-11187.html
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't hold your breath.

Well there's these.

https://www.copesdistributing.com/kalashnikov-polymer-30rd-magazine-kr9mag-p-11187.html
Buy nothing to put them in? I really hope they come through. I’d love one of those 9mm vityaz clones!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Buy nothing to put them in? I really hope they come through. I’d love one of those 9mm vityaz clones!!!!
View Quote
Yeah me to, I've been trying to get the parts together to have one built, maybe I can put that on the back burner for a bit. I'd like to snag their pistol version as shown at the shot show w/the hopes of SBR'ing it...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
K USA is vaporware.

I’d buy a WASR or VEPR while you can. Failing that a WBP kit build.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would like a Bizon with the helical magazine...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
They have my money if they can bring a pistol variant or identical sbr version of the vityaz...

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
This in January..
Factory
The address is supposed to be:
3901 NE 12th Ave #400, Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Phone: (754) 205-9385
I'll swing by there this week & see if there's actually anything there.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a thread on another site from one person saying the kr9 will be shipping in a month and that he was able to preorder through his dealer. Anyone else hear about this? I would think there would be more than one thread, or at least mention of this if it were legit. Unfortunately, K-USA has proven to be unreliable in the past, so I am still skeptical. I really want one so I hope this is not BS.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought I saw that Atlantic had the shotguns listed as "in stock". Maybe there is hope yet!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top