Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2016 2:43:20 PM EDT
Let me first say that I don't really know much about AKs and that I'm more of an AR guy. That said, I enjoy shooting my SLR106 and I'd like to make a few adjustments to it.
I'd like to add one of the Bolton FSB/Gas Blocks, chop the bbl and perm a muzzle device. Possibly going to put the surefire flash hider on, not sure.
Do you guys have any tips/ advice or can you recommend a smith who specializes in the work I need done?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Rifle Dynamics does amazing work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
if you don't want to spend your life savings at rifle dynamics Chris butler over at ak usa in florida does some amazing work
his website is ak-103.com
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you don't want to spend your life savings at rifle dynamics Chris butler over at ak usa in florida does some amazing work
View Quote

+1 for Chris Butler, he's one of the best in the business.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats a pretty good point.
And to add to this, if your life savings is less than $700... you may want to consider reevaluating what youre doing with your money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And to add to this, if your life savings is less than $700... you may want to consider reevaluating what youre doing with your money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice.

I certainly appreciate good work and I'm definitely willing to pay for it but from what little I've gleaned from the Internet is that AK smiths generally charge much higher rates then say an AR smith.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice.

I certainly appreciate good work and I'm definitely willing to pay for it but from what little I've gleaned from the Internet is that AK smiths generally charge much higher rates then say an AR smith.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice.

No problem.  Theres a lot of really good AK smiths out there.  Im sure most are cheaper than Rifle Dynamics while still offering excellent quality, but I only suggested Rifle Dynamics because its the only place I have any actual experience with when it comes to AK gun smiths.

But yeah, Id have to guess that AK smiths probably cost more than AR smiths because ARs are pretty easily modified for the most part.  Just about anyone with some pretty basic tools can do a lot of work to an AR at home because theyre so modular.  AKs involve a bit more work to drastically change up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top