Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 4:08:33 AM EDT
Can't wait for this to hit the shelves
New AK Trigger
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The normal one sounds like a G2, but the enhanced one with a short pull and short overtravel.. sounds like a winner.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can't wait for this to hit the shelves
New AK Trigger
View Quote

Oh my. This is a very interesting development as far as I'm concerned. Appreciate the heads up,OP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I want the enhanced one. I think Tapco can pretty much hang it up when it comes to AK triggers. These are gonna dominate
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want the enhanced one. I think Tapco can pretty much hang it up when it comes to AK triggers. These are gonna dominate
View Quote

The enhanced one does look promising, but I'm not sure I believe that they will void the G2 trigger due to their reputation and low cost.
These $75 AK triggers will probably more so be purchased by the moderate-to-advanced AK enthusiast rather than the run-of-the-mill AK owner with a Wasr or Npap. Most buy after-market AK triggers for 922r compliance and/or to stop trigger slap.
Despite having an AK collection, I will probably only consider buying one, as I don't find my current triggers to be bad for their intended purpose.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Im definitely going to have to get an enhanced to atleast try it in 1 gun. Idk if id fork over $75 for every AK i have or if the regular one is even worth replacing the G2's with. If i didnt already have G2's in them all i would upgrade. If i like the enhanced enough, i might even try it in my PSL, even though i already have a RSA trigger
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Red Star is not much more then their enhanced version and it has not dominated the AK trigger world.   And it sounds like it can do everything theirs does, plus more. Still glad companies are still makie new products for AK's though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Every single AK I own will have a Geissele trigger.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Red Star is not much more then their enhanced version and it has not dominated the AK trigger world.   And it sounds like it can do everything theirs does, plus more. Still glad companies are still makie new products for AK's though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  And their $50 trigger won't be worth the extra cost compared to a G2 for a lot of people.  The AK market is full of people who buy the cheapest thing they can find.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The AK market is full of people who buy the cheapest thing they can find.
View Quote

This............the percentage of those in the AK market that are willing to fork out $$$ for high-end accessories is much less than the AR market.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every single AK I own will have a Geissele trigger.

View Quote

I have a feeling i will be doing the same thing with my AK's,including my 2 Vepr's.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This............the percentage of those in the AK market that are willing to fork out $$$ for high-end accessories is much less than the AR market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AK market is full of people who buy the cheapest thing they can find.

This and the majority of guys who are forking out large amounts of cash on AK's are also usually collectors or clone builders like myself.  I would love having a Geissele trigger in my AK's but why cant they just make a normal looking trigger.  I really dont want a tacticool looking trigger sticking out of my classic looking rifles that i have gone to great lengths to get correct looking parts for.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#12]
The RSA didn't dominate because the set screw adjustment didn't fly with the hard use crowd.  It also didn't fit the large frame DMR AK's where most people would be willing to make the concession without modification until very recently.  I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on thread locker.  It may be a quality product, but even if I'm not going to be using it to make one-way travel arrangements to meet allah, having it go down on the range would still spoil my afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The RSA didn't dominate because the set screw adjustment didn't fly with the hard use crowd.  It also didn't fit the large frame DMR AK's where most people would be willing to make the concession without modification until very recently.  I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on thread locker.  It may be a quality product, but even if I'm not going to be using it to make one-way travel arrangements to meet allah, having it go down on the range would still spoil my afternoon.
View Quote

That happened to me at the range when i first got it for my PSL. I guess i didnt put enough locktite in and one of the set screws came loose and locked the trigger up so it wouldnt function. Ofc i didnt have the allen key on me but lucky i had other shit to shoot lol. I fixed it and its been fine ever since.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be a first adopter of the ALG enhanced
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in for at least one.  If I like another will be ordered
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep.  And their $50 trigger won't be worth the extra cost compared to a G2 for a lot of people.  The AK market is full of people who buy the cheapest thing they can find.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of us don't think that putting a different trigger in an AK will magically transform an infantry carbine into a sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Some of us don't think that putting a different trigger in an AK will magically transform an infantry carbine into a sniper rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt very many people think that is the case.  I just prefer a crisp, predicable trigger.  My G2 is basically a guessing game.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I will probably try this new trigger, at least once, as an experiment.  That said, the Tapco (notwithstanding their reputation with many other of its offerings) is very hard to beat.  The price and the convenient axis pin collar make it formidable, in my view.  And, with a little work on the front end of the disconnector, it can be made into a nifty 2-stage trigger.  Any new entrant with be hard to beat, IMHO, especially at the price point.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't mind my factory arsenal trigger but I've had some issues with it not resetting every time.

I will buy an ALG the day they become available.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will probably try this new trigger, at least once, as an experiment.  That said, the Tapco (notwithstanding their reputation with many other of its offerings) is very hard to beat.  The price and the convenient axis pin collar make it formidable, in my view.  And, with a little work on the front end of the disconnector, it can be made into a nifty 2-stage trigger.  Any new entrant with be hard to beat, IMHO, especially at the price point.
View Quote

Whoa, need details.  What do I need to do to make a G2 work as a two stage?  That could be just the trigger I've been lusting for.

I'm looking at a G2 now and trying to visualize it.  Would I just need to remove some material from the very front of the disconnector?  Not the hook, but the very front area that appears to limit how far forward it will pivot?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Whoa, need details.  What do I need to do to make a G2 work as a two stage?  That could be just the trigger I've been lusting for.

I'm looking at a G2 now and trying to visualize it.  Would I just need to remove some material from the very front of the disconnector?  Not the hook, but the very front area that appears to limit how far forward it will pivot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also not understanding the 2-stage conversion...if its what I'm thinking it doesn't sound safe.  If you want two stage RSA is worth the $90 for your safety alone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, converting a Tapco G2 set to a two-stage is easy but requires patience and incremental removal of the underside leading edge of the disconnector...very gradually (this is where Tapco's axis sleeve really pays for itself since you have to repeatedly remove and install the FCG until you get it the way you want it).   You gradually reduce (using a file; nothing as drastic as a Dremel) the thickness of the lower leading edge until the top of the connector (the hooked part or "business end") of the disconnector just barely touches the back of the hammer before the hammer is released.  Since no AK alignment is exactly the same, this may take a very little or a considerable amount of filing before the two parts touch.  I have done this on 8-10 kits and find that it normally takes as many as ten tries to get it the way I want.  Taking too little material is better than taking too much.  Regarding "safe",  think about it: as you remove material and cause the disconnector to "lean forward" you're actually causing it to engage the recoiling/recycling hammer sooner rather than later, so you don't increase the risk of it inadvertently going full auto.  The only problem I've have ever encountered (in only one case....remember, specs very slightly from AK to AK) is that I had to file/remove so much material before the hooked part of the disconnector touched the back of the hammer that the compression on the disconnector spring was weakened too much and i did experience a few doubles when test firing.  In this one case, the remedy was easy in that I inserted a very small ball bearing in the base of the hole that holds that spring, thereby artificially lengthening the spring again: problem solved (a short length of nail of the correct diameter could also be fabricated.)

My results have been universally successful (including that one "ball bearing" episode); however, I must admit that the degree of pressure required for that 2nd stage release does vary from case to case, ranging from light to very light.  I'm so pleased with this process that I've done it to all my AKs in the "shooter" category.  It has really improved my long-distance accuracy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top