Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
Here is my rifle

I) I want a folding stock. Can I get some recommendations?

II) I need a good 2pt sling?

III) The trigger numbs my finger when I fire, what's the deal? Normal?

IV) I plan to SBR, if I cut as short as possible, move the front sight back flush with gas block will I have cycling issues with can attached?

V) What else is needed?

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably have a crappy US made trigger from Century that has trigger slap.  Just replace it with a Tapco G2 trigger or an Arsenal two stage trigger (should polish those).
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess is that it would still cycle as ak's are generally a bit overgassed to begin with plus the can will add increased pressure. With that said that would not be my first choice for an sbr candidate. Ace and stormwerkz both make folders that can be added using the receiver block if you don't want to modify the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Btw what can and how do you have it mounted? Hows the sound reduction?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
II) I need a good 2pt sling?
View Quote

Yes!  I like the VCAS (own 3) , but others are discussed here also.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/586340_.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Btw what can and how do you have it mounted? Hows the sound reduction?
View Quote

It's an SAS 30cal can. My very first suppressor.

Front sight was moved back, barrel threaded and then an adapter was made to bring up to 5/8x24.

It's one of the louder hosts I have. No blowback to my face though which I was surprised by.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If that's an SAR-1 then the Romanians already make a folding stock for that and it bolts right up. Get a tapco G-2 trigger to eliminate the trigger slap.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top