Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 8:50:00 PM EDT
Details With Pics

I bought 3 "Bulgarian Mags" on GB awhile back. Problem is, 1 was labeled "Bulgarian" in sealed plastic covered in Cosmoline and these other 2 Mags  weren't in plastic and are completely different, flat back mags, and have the most Odd looking Follower I've ever seen on an AK mag. The follower has a kind of "half bullet shaped HUMP" on the Right side (In Pic, really Left in person) like an AR mag but the HUMP CURVES DOWNWARD at the front and so does the flat part beside of it on the Right (Left in Pic).

It has a HUMP/CURLING Follower... The front of the follower where the lights is gleaming on it is where it bends downward.

My bolt rode right over the round a few times with one of these which never happens but I do have a gap between mag catch and selector plate/ sloppy magwell.

I was told by someone they were "Chinese" But they have ABSOLUTELY NO MARKINGS on them!!, Heard they may be Chi-Com Mags the Chinese sold to E Germany years back

Was worried I may have snagged some of those new Korean mags that have hit the market. The Korean ones have a brand new paint job and are great looking which gives them away but these 2 mags dont have the "Clear coat finish" that makes them look too good to be true like korean mags. Although I doubt it, are these the new crappy Korean mags or some origin that I'm not sure of?? Need your help though!!

Again, No markings, flat back, and the follower curls over at the front, even on the hump part.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Chinese.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Chugo
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Chinese flatback/smoothbacks, great mags and look in wonderful condition.  Try them again, take cover off and watch bolt try to strip a round off and see if you can find the problem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
No markings on them or no "Made In China" on the floorplate. Have a feeling these are the chinese mags that were sold to the East Germans.

\
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No markings on them or no "Made In China" on the floorplate. Have a feeling these are the chinese mags that were sold to the East Germans.

<snip> read the COC Specific to sales dryflash3 These just had too much of a low profile for my rifle and with its sloppy magwell and giant gap between mag catch and selector stop plate these sleek mags fit loose in my crappy Century rifle with loose magwell.

Only 30 rounds through one mag.
View Quote

IBTL

That's a no-no, take it to the EE.

Definitely chugos, just got a couple from the batch SGammo was selling, great mags.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IBTL

Definitely chugos, just got a couple from the batch SGammo was selling, great mags.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip> dryflash3 These just had too much of a low profile for my rifle and with its sloppy magwell and giant gap between mag catch and selector stop plate these sleek mags fit loose in my crappy Century rifle with loose magwell.

IBTL

An expert was speaking on how the ones with no markings and One Witness hole without markings are Chinese Military Versions.

What necessarily makes it a Chugo?? What part could possibly be a Yugo part of significance?

The Body and follower are definitely Chinese. No disrespect. I'm just wondering what classifies a "Chugo"??
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought the exact same mag OP. It's Chinese.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
An expert was speaking on how the ones with no markings and One Witness hole without markings are Chinese Military Versions.

What necessarily makes it a Chugo?? What part could possibly be a Yugo part of significance?

The Body and follower are definitely Chinese. No disrespect. I'm just wondering what classifies a "Chugo"??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip> dryflash3 These just had too much of a low profile for my rifle and with its sloppy magwell and giant gap between mag catch and selector stop plate these sleek mags fit loose in my crappy Century rifle with loose magwell.

IBTL

A chinese mag that got here by way of the former yugoslavia
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
We can not import military items from China. This includes mags. These are Chinese made mags that sat in Yugoslavia for a time before being sent to the US. This way, they are not considered Chinese any more. Sort of like car dealers who live near another state "washing a title". A title may show a lien, or "wrecked car" so they title it in another state, & then back in their state. Now the lein, or "wrecked car" is gone, & the car is worth more. While this shouldn't happen' it does. Either way, The Chugo/Chinese mags are my favorite.  GARY
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Body and follower are definitely Chinese. No disrespect.
View Quote

In your original post, you said you didn't know what they were, now you say they are definitely Chinese. No disrespect.

What Gary said above is the tale. Call them Chinese because that's the origin, but even casual collectors make the distinction between different batches and types of mags made in the same country. SGammo just had several pallets of these, 5k mags or so, and they definitely couldn't have gotten them from China. "Chugo" explains what specific mags they are in a single word. AIM had a ton of them last year or year before IIRC, ask Bryan where they originate.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
System Message
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top