Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 8:37:42 PM EDT
Yes I know, I'm a little behind the times with this one...

I'm considering getting one of these to mount a RDS on my 47 variant, probably a Trijicon RMR. However as I look at the design I have to wonder how it might effect accuracy and harmonics since it essentially hangs off the barrel? For those that have one, what is your experience with it in regards to effect on accuracy? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure how the MI attaches to the barrel, but the Ultimak, which also clamps to the barrel has a reputation for slightly improving accuracy because it acts like a barrel strut and increases barrel stiffness.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I found the MI handguard opened up my groups, I personally did not like it. Some people say they don't and others would agree with me.
The fact is that the clamping surface is quite large and I definitely noticed my groups opened up some, it was noticeable even at only 50m.

The Ultimak gas tube clamping system is different, if installed as directed it does not touch the gas block or rear sight block, adding a small measure of free floating if you will.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top