Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 8:51:23 AM EDT
I am looking to build a BFPU AK on an NDS receiver that would resemble the Type 56 used by NVA and VC in Vietnam. Mid-late '60's.  I unfortunately missed out on the Poly spiker kit that was on the EE recently, that would have been perfect.

Anyhow, are there any vendors out there that carry parts kits that would fit the bill? Spiker would be great, but non spike is good too.

Also, are there any other parts kits from other countries/makers that would closely resemble the Chicom 56? Open to anything, as long as it looks close.

Thanks for any suggestions!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I would just hold out for a Norinco/Polytech Spiker, they come up for sale from time to time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
you could also start with a mak90, quality ak, and can still be found under $500.
check out chicom47s website, lots of good info.

as for parts these retailers should have enough to complete what you are trying to do
apex gun parts
copes dist
aa ok
omega weapon sys
desert fox outfiters
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If your looking to do a realistic VC Type 56 then you need to start with a milled receiver. Look for a Milled MAK-90 kit with the screw-in barrel. Find a spiker GB and FSB and you're there. That would give you the most accurate clone of the Type 56 used during that timeframe for the particular conflict.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it an option for you to buy a completely stock factory rifle? IMO that'd be the easiest way to go.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I used an extra, worn Polytech Legend as the basis for mine although I've since changed out the upper handguard for an early Chinese vented one:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Some more ideas for your bfpu, it was mine for 8 months, not Vietnam era, but nevertheless a T56.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used an extra, worn Polytech Legend as the basis for mine although I've since changed out the upper handguard for an early Chinese vented one:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q86/Blue_Falcon_One/Finished%20Projects/cht1.jpg

That's a beauty! But shouldn't it be blued? Looks parked?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#8]
It's blued.  It's just the sun and that style of blueing.  The Chinese had a few different styles of blueing methods.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for the suggestions guys! Loving that underfolder, that is the look I'm going for, but fixed stock and hopefully spiker.

I was looking for milled receivers on GB, and came across these new made receivers with faux Chinese markings. Anyone have experience with these?

Also, anyone know of someone who can replicate the Chinese blue finish?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Mario at Piece of History Firearms is one of the premiere builders that can do early or late era blued Chinese finishes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank you for the suggestions guys! Loving that underfolder, that is the look I'm going for, but fixed stock and hopefully spiker.

I was looking for milled receivers on GB, and came across these new made receivers with faux Chinese markings. Anyone have experience with these?

Also, anyone know of someone who can replicate the Chinese blue finish?

Thanks again!

Those recievers are great copies, anything made by turbothis is good to go with no worries. He does allot of custom work too BTW. Good luck with the build. Chicom milled spiker is my dream gun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top