Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:34:47 PM EDT
Is it possible to do this and have the stock completely fold? Want to avoid the dremel
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is it possible to do this and have the stock completely fold? Want to avoid the dremel

I don't think this is possible.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's the AFG gonna fit in to this equation?

This just looks wrong...

But this seems like a decent alternative...(if that's your sorta thing)

Link Posted: 8/20/2012 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea that's my question. I know I can put it on there but I just wanted to see if it was possible to get it on there and look  correct
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea that's my question. I know I can put it on there but I just wanted to see if it was possible to get it on there and look  correct

This is something I've never understood. How can it be "correct" if it's not incorporated into the design and/or issued to troops as regular equipment by a military? If by "correct" you mean "look good" well then that's simply a matter of opinion. I'm not against throwing on practical doodads on an AK but an AFG on an underfolder looks stupid, but that's my opinion. Now a Romy reverse dong grip looks good on an underfolder to me for some reason; possibly because they were issued that way.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is something I've never understood. How can it be "correct" if it's not incorporated into the design and/or issued to troops as regular equipment by a military? If by "correct" you mean "look good" well then that's simply a matter of opinion. I'm not against throwing on practical doodads on an AK but an AFG on an underfolder looks stupid, but that's my opinion. Now a Romy reverse dong grip looks good on an underfolder to me for some reason; possibly because they were issued that way.

Yes that's what I meant. I just want to tac it out since all of my AKs are stock with the wood furniture. I basically just want to add the stark industries rear sight rail, muzzle break, hogue grip and a new hand guard. Just thought since I love the afg so much on my AR that it might be an option on this gun
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
In that photo above with the AFG on the underfolder? The only way to get that stock to lock up would be to cut out a section of the AFG in the grip portion itself.

Not gonna work.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top