Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2012 7:40:18 PM EDT
At what point do you realize that you've got more AK's than need, but less than you want? Or is there always going to be one more variant that I "need" to round out the collection? There are a few that would be cool to have, like a Yugo M76 or Tabuk clone, but I don't feel that I "need" to have either one. I think I need a SLR-106UR to go with my 106FR because I have enough mags for both.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]

I feel like I'm there.

I've got a Tula Krink, Romanian RPK, Egyptian Maadi, Galil, and a Bulgy '74. All built by me. I've had a few others that I've sold or traded off for other toys.

I feel like I've got all the major bases covered. The '74 is the most practical with an Aimpoint in an RS mount. The rest are just fun and turn heads at the range. I'd rather buy optics and mags for the AKs I have than buy any more. If I get any more, it would be to put up for my young kids.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
A bonafide requirement to own and desire to own  plagues me. I still want a nice ChiCom collection i.e. Polytech Legend and Type 56 spiker.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
when your storing them at friends houses, especially so the wife wont see anymore new ones

then you may have a problem

collect alot, use a few
sell them years later at a profit
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
At one point, I owned over 40... that was probably a bit much.

I'm right around a dozen now.  I only miss a few of them.

Ok, I lied. I miss them all.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At what point do you realize that you've got more AK's than need, but less than you want?

Non-sensical question.  You can never have too many.  My only problem is keeping enough feed in the house for the ponys....

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Wont be satisfied until i have them all, and that pretty much means i will never be satisfied.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I feel like I'm there.

I've got a Tula Krink, Romanian RPK, Egyptian Maadi, Galil, and a Bulgy '74. All built by me. I've had a few others that I've sold or traded off for other toys.

I feel like I've got all the major bases covered. The '74 is the most practical with an Aimpoint in an RS mount. The rest are just fun and turn heads at the range. I'd rather buy optics and mags for the AKs I have than buy any more. If I get any more, it would be to put up for my young kids.

if at some point you feel you have too many you can always donate one to me. ;)
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a SAR1, SLR-106FR, SLR-107CR, a G kit that I'm going to sell to buy 74U, LLC receivers for my AKS-74U, and AKS-74. The AKS-74 I built on a roll your own and the lack of full heat treat bothers me so I'll rebuild it on a nice numbers matching receivers. I would like a 106UR and a Saiga based 7.62 Krink.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#9]
As long as you feel a need to "round out the collection" you will always come up with something you have to have.

I used to want tons of AKs... but now I think I just want an example of the major variants from Russia.  T2, T3, AKM, AK74, and a krink.  Maybe a sort of modernized krink to go with it using some Bulgarian parts like the peep sight top cover and other stuff.  That's all good enough for me... no desire anymore to have a bunch of stuff that is basically the exact some thing except for a minor difference.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I have  one MAK 90
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
30 herded down to 23. Just sold the dupes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:18:07 AM EDT
[#12]
What's need ever had to do with it? Its already too late for you son. Embrace it as we have done.(want,want,want)
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a sucker for what I call "Russian whores" (converted Saiga's).
Not always pretty,yet cheap and get the job done.  
Looking foward to adding to my "brothel".
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#14]
when you find one in your house and you don't remember the gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
when you find one in your house and you don't remember the gun.

Yup, this!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top