Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 4:44:18 PM EDT
hello, I wa.ted to thank everyone here for the wealth of knowledge and giving me such a fasinating new hobby. I really enjoy reading the posts here and everybody.
I am kinda curious about the krink from the 80's timeperiod. from all the pics of them I've seen it looks like the pg is always a black or chocolate but I thought the russians didn't have that technology yet and the polymer should be plum or bakelite? did the krinks just get the darkest ones or what?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
hello, I wa.ted to thank everyone here for the wealth of knowledge and giving me such a fasinating new hobby. I really enjoy reading the posts here and everybody.
I am kinda curious about the krink from the 80's timeperiod. from all the pics of them I've seen it looks like the pg is always a black or chocolate but I thought the russians didn't have that technology yet and the polymer should be plum or bakelite? did the krinks just get the darkest ones or what?

A lot of real Russian plum parts look black in photos.  It all depends on the lighting.

My plum grip is hard to tell from black until it is sitting next to a black one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Russian krinks are supposed to have shiny plum grips. I'm pretty sure bulgarian krinks(kits) came with black or maybe the chocolate grips.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
that makes sense but where did bulgaria get black grips? I thought they didn't ever make plum and bought and traded them with russia and they never made black untell the 90's? they couldn't have had the technology to make black polymer before the russians because russia gave them all the technology they had right?

in the new book of the AK the krink in it sure looks black to me but maybe it is plum.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
that makes sense but where did bulgaria get black grips? I thought they didn't ever make plum and bought and traded them with russia and they never made black untell the 90's? they couldn't have had the technology to make black polymer before the russians because russia gave them all the technology they had right?

in the new book of the AK the krink in it sure looks black to me but maybe it is plum.

Bulgaria made black items, anytime you see plum on a Bulgarian rifle was sourced from Soviet Russia. As far Soviet AK-74u's only having shiny plum pg's, that is an incorrect statement.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bulgaria made black items, anytime you see plum on a Bulgarian rifle was sourced from Soviet Russia. As far Soviet AK-74u's only having shiny plum pg's, that is an incorrect statement.

Yeah, the shiny plum grip was typical for the Russian krinks, but they've been known to have bakelite grips as well.  I think its just a case where the factory ran out of plum grips briefly and threw on whatever they had available at the time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget your wooden laminate handguards along with a Bakelite mag!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top