User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 4:36:32 PM EDT
Can I change my slant muzzle brake for a muzzle nut type on my polish 1960
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
yes push the plunger pin in then turn the brake off. remember your gun is most likely left handed threads so turn to the right to loosen. if you have a tapco or other us brake you will probly need to replace it with a us made muzzle nut to stay compliant
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've read that the Century Arms Polish 1960 rifles have a barrel that is slightly too long, so if you screw the muzzle nut all the way down the barrel will poke out of the end of it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I changed mine to a new muzzle nut, then after a few months changed back.

I think it looks nicer with the slant, even though it may not be as authentic.

Either way, the extra couple of barrel threads didn't seem to be very noticeable - the lack of color on the threads may show but a well aimed, quick little spritz of black makes that disappear.

To each his own, and it's harmless fun to change the look.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read that the Century Arms Polish 1960 rifles have a barrel that is slightly too long, so if you screw the muzzle nut all the way down the barrel will poke out of the end of it.

I wonder if the barrel is actually the correct length, but the Century Monkeys pressed the front sight base (FSB) on too far. Doing this would cause both of the issues these rifles have: 1) muzzle threads appear "too long", and 2) original cleaning rod "too long"/won't fit into FSB notch until shortened.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top