Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 2:20:43 PM EDT
Does anyone know who sells an Underfolder AK Case? I am looking for a well fitted case that is not too big, probably 29" max length.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
M60 barrel bag.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
M60 barrel bag.

I never knew I needed one of these! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Those M60 barrel bags look useful.  Thanks for mentioning those.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I wanted something discrete that didn't scream "GUN" when transporting a folding stock rifle.  I picked up a Wilson padded tennis racket bag and my AK with Romy wire folder fits perfectly.  It also has a zippered outer pocket that will hold a couple of mags.  I think I paid around $14 for it at Wallyworld.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
i got one of these for my underfolder. works great however it won't fit the gun with a 30 round mag inserted. works perfectly with one of the 20 rounders that AIM sells.

BaG

i had a review thread with pics here somewhere, guess it went to archive.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the barrel bag.  Someone suggested it and I got hold of one and love it.  Draco with 30 round mag fits just fine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an Allen bag when transporting my underfolders.

It is 22", well-padded, high quality, and has gigantic pockets on each side of the bag.  I can easily fit an underfolder, six 30-round mags, a small Otis cleaning kit and a small bottle of Breakfree into this bag.  Well worth the $30 I paid at Sportsman Warehouse.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Not my pics, but they illustrate why M60 barrel bags work so well for underfolders.  The barrel bags are dirt cheap also.  I have 2 for my underfolders and can't see using anything else.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Where's a good place to find those barrel bags?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Be advised that Condor ACU pattern bags and gear will fade to multiple purplish colors with prolonged sun exposure. Not sure about their other colors. Good stuff overall though. Many of us learned that in Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where's a good place to find those barrel bags?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I got mine from Sir Plus Supply.  I found him via eBay but he also sells direct.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#12]

I saw this guy on gbroker selling a 42" Russian made bag, but below his main picture of the 42" is the smaller version which I have cropped his image to that he is not selling; here is his description:

"VD-contract overun production Russian made full stock heavy padded assault cases for auction. They are factory new, although they were imported several years ago and have never been available again since that time. Made in Izhevsk by Izhmash's primary military web gear supplier"

Probably unattainable, but that smaller bag looks perfect. Anyway if anyone has info on these Izhmash smaller cases let me know.

I like the m60 case which would be fine for a yugo, but would like something fitted like that but made by blackhawk or like this bag above, just something top quality for my polish ak.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#13]
How about Al Caponey:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61176
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://www.horsebootsblog.com/akcase.jpg

I saw this guy on gbroker selling a 42" Russian made bag, but below his main picture of the 42" is the smaller version which I have cropped his image to that he is not selling; here is his description:

"VD-contract overun production Russian made full stock heavy padded assault cases for auction. They are factory new, although they were imported several years ago and have never been available again since that time. Made in Izhevsk by Izhmash's primary military web gear supplier"

Probably unattainable, but that smaller bag looks perfect. Anyway if anyone has info on these Izhmash smaller cases let me know.

I like the m60 case which would be fine for a yugo, but would like something fitted like that but made by blackhawk or like this bag above, just something top quality for my polish ak.

Tantal was selling those but I heard he is/is going out of business. I have the larger of the two bags and they aren't bad quality. Not sure where to get them if he isn't selling them anymore.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Tennis racket bag (one of the larger ones)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top