Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:10:07 AM EDT
Got mine today! Decent rifle overall and I have no complaints. My worries are about the finnish. Will Hoppes #9 ruin the finish on these rifles?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been told not to touch it with anything other than CLP and even then to be careful.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT use Gun Scrubber, brake cleaner, or any harsh solvents on Arsenal rifles or parts or it will strip the finish right off. You will see the rifle “bleed purple”. If you use a solvent a couple times you will strip the rifle right down to the bare steel.

This is especially true of the European finishes made in Bulgaria and Russia, which is what most of the current stamped Arsenal AK’s use. The U.S. finish on the older milled Arsenal AK’s is much thicker and harder and will stand up to the use of solvents.

Just stick with good old fashioned CLP.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top