Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:26:37 AM EDT
I have two AKs now: an Arsenal SA-M7 SF and a Yugo M70B1.  I'm looking to add to the collection, but am disappointed in what I see in area gun stores, which all seem to stock the same 'ol stuff.  My question is...what kind of offerings can I expect to find at a gun show?  The "Nation's Gun Show" in northern Virginia seems to be pretty good and it's close.  I've bought ammo there before but never a firearm, so would appreciate any adult supervision forum members care to offer. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to one over here in South MS tomorrow.  Last year about this time i got a great deal on a NHM-91 for $380. Rifle was in near perfect condition other than some exterior rust.

Lately, the prices have been going down in the Gun shows.  I compared Fun show prices to our local Fun store..... Local store hands down overall

Bring a bore light and if possible a go/no-go gauge.  The best deals are usually from local individuals selling their rifles there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The last poster put out some REALLY smart ideas.  I think they're hit or miss on a good day.  You're best off finding someone selling something privately.  Anything sitting on someone's table will be almost inevitably overpriced.  A lot of them are still trying to get rid of shit they bought several months ago at the top of the bubble and are asking 20%-50% more than its worth just so they don't take a loss.  I haven't been to a show in a couple of years because I got tired of being nut-to-butt with all the other people in there just to look at people selling overpriced shit....and beef jerkey.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The last poster put out some REALLY smart ideas.  I think they're hit or miss on a good day.  You're best off finding someone selling something privately.  Anything sitting on someone's table will be almost inevitably overpriced.  A lot of them are still trying to get rid of shit they bought several months ago at the top of the bubble and are asking 20%-50% more than its worth just so they don't take a loss.  I haven't been to a show in a couple of years because I got tired of being nut-to-butt with all the other people in there just to look at people selling overpriced shit....and beef jerkey.

Well thank you sir  I have been really on the Defense since i basically was ROBBED by Sanddragger28 (former member).

I did miss out on a Russian Tiger a while back.  Tx-zen ragged me on that    Enjoy the beef jerkey
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top