Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:34:38 AM EDT
I have a Yugo underfolder and when I was "going thru it" yesterday I tried to use the vent tool to push through the gas block vent hole and into the barrel as I have been able to do with other AK's and it doesn't go.
Is there something different about the Yugo gas block or is it just plugged? I have fired it and it functions flawlessly but with other AK's I've always been able to push the vent tool or brush or even a pipe cleaner through the hole and it's visible in the barrel. This rifle has been chromed, but not inside the gas block itself.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that lifting up the grenade sight operates a gas cut off, to prevent the action from cycling when firing rifle grenades. Try again, but leave the grenade sight down.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you are probably right. I normally wouldn't lift the grenade sight but I changed out the hand guards and I'm sure the sight was up. Man, this is a great site with very knowledgeable participants. I've never been let down.

Thank you
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top