Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:22:23 PM EDT
Is it efficient at all? Im looking to replace the slant brake on my yugo with an AMD brake from my parts kit once i get the gun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Well its loud as loud can get I can say that. I didnt notice too much of a difference. But i hear the J-Tac47L is a good brake. I got a tapco "74 style" that works better than the slant brake and a J-Tac is on its way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it efficient at all?

Yes
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well its loud as loud can get I can say that. ..

And it makes a lovely big ass fireball that can easily be seen in the light of day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
That it definetely does do!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well its loud as loud can get I can say that. ..

And it makes a lovely big ass fireball that can easily be seen in the light of day.

Thats just from the barrel length of the rifle its originally on.

How much is this going to cut my recoil?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
it works very good. I have about 5 of them stashed away for a rainy day.

especialy on a 308 saiga, makes it kick like a 223.

in fact, it works so good it can fuck up a perfectly good bump firer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well its loud as loud can get I can say that. I didnt notice too much of a difference. But i hear the J-Tac47L is a good brake. I got a tapco "74 style" that works better than the slant brake and a J-Tac is on its way.

i cant notice any measureable recoil reduction from the slant brake. ive shot it with, then removed it and shot a bunch of rounds. feels the same.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a good brake, I put one on a CETME (308) and it made a big difference.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got three AMDs and the brake works great. My AMMS had a slant break and I replaced it with an AMD brake. Recoil went to nothing. Very good brake for folders. I read somewhere that the Hungarian high spped guys still use them on their rifles.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top