Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 1:47:50 PM EDT
Seen an AK at a local shop.  Blond furniture, pistol grip is roughly checkered.  Receiver says Lancaster on the left side.  I looked it over pretty closely, the mag locked up very solid, everything operated smoothly.  However the front sight based appeared to be slightly off center to the right.  How difficult is it to straighten that out?

Price was $599, is this a good deal or not?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I own one and the fit and finish is amazing. I've put several hundred rounds through it without a single hiccup. They come with a lifetime warranty, and I'm not sure how bad the sight cant is, but it should be an easy fix.(Mine came with a front sight adjustment tool, but I got mine in Oct '07.) Lancasters are built from matching romanian parts kits. Here's a pic of mine:

I'm absolutly in love with it, and I highly reccomend. I'd get it if it is new and comes with the warranty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That just made my WASR cry.

I love it!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
AK USA is arguably the best.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
AK USA is Chris Butler down in Florida.  High end builder that does some of the best work available.  I have one of his AK-74 builds that is better than the Russians could do (not counting the happy switch).

Lancaster is a different company that also has great builds - but the work is much less expensive - and typically on more common Romy kits - than a Butler build.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That just made my WASR cry.

I love it!

That shouldn't have been too hard.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AK USA is arguably the best.

+1

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've owned close to 90 AK rifles so I know quality when I see it.  AK-USA is the best builder in the business in my opinion. Chris is a master AK builder, well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm totally confused.  Is this thread about AK USA or Lancaster??
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I think you guys are confusing a Lancaster built on a Global Trades receiver with AKUSA.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've owned close to 90 AK rifles so I know quality when I see it.  AK-USA is the best builder in the business in my opinion. Chris is a master AK builder, well worth the wait.

+ 10, worth every penny!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think you guys are confusing a Lancaster built on a Global Trades receiver with AKUSA.

Receiver said Lancaster on the left side.  Sales tag said AK USA.  The pistol grip makes me believe this is not the work of AK USA because it was very poorly shaped and I have never seen such poor checkering on a fire arm.

As you can tell I am far from an AK expert, by the time I turned 18 most of this was forbotten for me back in CA, so now I am catching up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I cannot give enough kudos to Chris. I had an AKS-74 built by him. It was an Arsenal SLR-105 and the fit of the stock he added was beautiful. The overall product was awesome, albeit a touch pricey. Worth every penny though.

If Chris or someone in the know is monitoring though I would like to ask about which 10 parts are U.S. I know for sure the furniture is (3 pieces)
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Agree 100%
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 for AK USA
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
To much of a newb.

Yah, AK USA +1.

RR
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Receiver said Lancaster on the left side.  Sales tag said AK USA.  The pistol grip makes me believe this is not the work of AK USA because it was very poorly shaped and I have never seen such poor checkering on a fire arm.

As you can tell I am far from an AK expert, by the time I turned 18 most of this was forbotten for me back in CA, so now I am catching up.
What the f..... you are confused.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I am a little confused to the fact if its a Lancaster or not, but if it is, they have a life time warranty and will fix the front sight. I have no experience with the other builder so I cant comment there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Like BB posted, someone sounds like they are reading "Armory USA", or
to that effect on the receiver somewhere, and confusing the orgin. I think
Lancaster stamps their builds, no matter whos receiver they use, dont they?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top