Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2008 1:19:01 PM EDT
I've been seriously kicking around the idea of buying one of these, they look cool as hell, and now that I have a bunch of 74' mags and ammo laying around, I think it would make for a really neat gun to shoot at the range.

Whats your take on this rifle?  Worth the money?  Built from a good kit?  I don't want to buy this thing only to find that it shoots 6 inch groups @ 100

I know nothing about either vector or the kit from which this was built, so any info on either would be greatly appreciated...but from what I gather, vector seems like a quality builder/importer, and the receiver they use is what you all have recommended to me in the past for builds.  I'd just like a good looking rifle that will also be a great shooter.

RPK 74

Thanks guys,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
buy it
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Vector does a good build and nodak recievers are amongst the best. Go for it!

ETA: Might want to make sure it comes with the orignal chrome lined barrel. I'd be surprised if it didn't, but might want to check just to be sure.

Also, I wouldn't expect more than about 6" at 100 yards. It will probably shoot better than that, but it is an AK and it's not that they're flat-out not accurate, they're not consistantly accurate. Some are 2.5 MOA guns, some are 8 MOA guns. I'd say most are 3-4 MOA, with most '74s closer to 2.5-5 MOA. The RPK has a heavier barrel (and on the RPK-74 a smaller hole through the middle ), but the rigidity gained with the fatter barrel may be lost due to added barrel length. Then again it may not. I guess all I'm saying is don't expect it to be all that much more accurate than a standard AK-74.

Awesome.  I'm happy with standard 74's accuracy, I just wanted to make sure that this thing won't shoot any less accurate than say...my SAR-2.  Somewhere between that and my Krebs and I'd be perfectly happy.

I will definitely check on the chrome bore though...that would be a deal breaker if it didnt have one.

Thanks for the input, but more from you other guys is still appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what 922 parts they are using?  There is something "off" about that flash hider...

I like my RPK74 - it hardly feels like there is any recoil from this.  With the bipod and light recoil shooting from the prone is fast and accurate...

That being said, my gun was custom build and I've only heard good things about Atlantic Firearms and Vector.

Spooky
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
USA birdcage flash hider, USA pistol grip, USA FCG
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Go for it ....if there's a problem with it vector WILL stand behind it ....I bought an UZI from them and it had every feeding prob. imaginable called vector and they issued a fed ex shipping order for it and picked it up, called when they figured out what was wrong and fixed it .....I WAS NOT OUT ONE SINGLE DIME !!!!!! that's customer service!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Alright, does anyone want to try and talk me out of buying one of these things for 969 bucks?

Let me know ASAP!  Otherwise I'm going to order one up by the end of the week....

Thanks again,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Alright, does anyone want to try and talk me out of buying one of these things for 969 bucks?

Let me know ASAP!  Otherwise I'm going to order one up by the end of the week....

Thanks again,
Scott

Talk you out of it?! I have a shitload of rifles in 5.45, the RPK74 is on the top of my list as far as favorites go. It's a blast to shoot!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a feeling my checking account is going to be about 1k lighter by the middle of next week...
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top