Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 6:03:40 PM EDT
I have been sitting on these parts for a couple years and I have an Bulgi Arsonal Milled receiver as well as the full Kbkg60 parts kit (including the backpack, 10-rd mags, bayonet, boot, etc).  The only think I have never found is some practice grenades for her (or even pics so I can make some).

You can see details about my project here:

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=517

Oh yea, I really do have TWO of these kits (but only one receiver)...

Here is a pic of one of these guns that is owned by someone else from that thread to show what the gun should looke like when built:

I am pretty sure that the barrels with the kits are threaded while the receiver is not threaded...

Regardless, I am not interested in trying to buy the tools or learn to build a milled AK.  Who should I contact to have them build this rifle for me?  I also need to figure out what compliance parts I can use in this build as this is not a build that I want to screw up with a bunch of really stupid moves in the compliance parts area.

I just want to get this thing built before next January if I can

<<- Me woried about our future...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to give these guys a try...

www.firinglineoklahoma.com/

It looks like the receivers they sell are pin-in barrel variety... so I don't know if they can do a threaded barrel build or not...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You might want to give these guys a try...

www.firinglineoklahoma.com/

It looks like the receivers they sell are pin-in barrel variety... so I don't know if they can do a threaded barrel build or not...

I don't care if they turn the barrle down and just pin it...  Nobody would really know the difference and it would be much cheaper then messing with boring out my Arsonal receiver and tapping it to take the barrel and then dealing with the various tinming issues that comes with that...

I will see about giveing them a call...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second the recommendation for Firingline, they know milled receiver AK's and do top notch work.  I think they could thread your Bulgy receiver for your Polski barrel, but it would cost a lot more than turning the threads off the barrel and doing a press-n-pin job on it.  Still, a threaded milled Bulgy receiver would be The Ultimate...  It should be a nice build, since all the parts you've got are top quality.  For U.S. parts, you should check out the Global Trades fire control group.  They are machined from billet steel and hardened.  I have a set and they are very high quality pieces!  For a milled AK, you need 4 U.S. parts if you don't have a muzzle device, and 5 if you do.  As far as I know, a muzzle nut doesn't count as a muzzle "device".

One company I would NOT recommend for your milled AK build is Investment Grade Firearms; long and relevant story...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top