Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2007 1:53:27 PM EDT
Sorry to rant here. But twice within the last month and half I've had to merchants that have a product but it's not until you go through the entire ordering process and confirm the order that you find out the item is backordered. No not informed by email but when you realize you haven't received a tracking # within 2 days. On both occasions, I've had to log in to find out the item is backordered. Both merchants didn't even bother to inform a prospective buyer that the item is backordered next to the item or give an expected arrival date when browsing. You have create a damn account to find out it's not in stock.
    Having delt with numerous online firms it's either the company will remove the item from selection such as AimSurplus or tell you it's backordered like Sportsmansguide. It's professional courtesy. Damn it's 2007 not 1996 when the internet was still going through achs and pains to figure out what worked and what didn't. It's F*&^ing annoying to no end. F*&^ing Idiots! Ok, I'm done. You can return to your regularly scheduled program
Misc
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Its easier, or not a factor in developing the software. The developers dont take into account that availibility may be spotty on items. Or, its easier to not incorperate it to begin with. Or, both.
But, yeah it should be easy to indicate inventory at time of order selection. There will always be the few items that are out of stock because of damage, count error, theft, etc. that will show "in stock", but that will be the exception. At that time a email to
the customer should be generated when a credit is issued. That brings up a whole new problem though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damn it's 2007 not 1996 when the internet was still going through achs and pains to figure out what worked and what didn't. It's F*&^ing annoying to no end.

+1. After going through that a bunch of times myself, I'm to the point where I will no longer patronize an online vendor that doesn't show in-stock status on its website. Even then, the status isn't always updated in real-time. In those cases, I don't mind a backorder if a) I'm told up-front (at checkout or via Email) that the item IS on b/o, and b) my card isn't charged for it until it ships.

Mind telling us who the vendors were in your case?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn it's 2007 not 1996 when the internet was still going through achs and pains to figure out what worked and what didn't. It's F*&^ing annoying to no end.

+1. After going through that a bunch of times myself, I'm to the point where I will no longer patronize an online vendor that doesn't show in-stock status on its website. Even then, the status isn't always updated in real-time. In those cases, I don't mind a backorder if a) I'm told up-front (at checkout or via Email) that the item IS on b/o, and b) my card isn't charged for it until it ships.

Mind telling us who the vendors were in your case?

IM sent.
Misc

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just recently had this happen to me .  It was the 40rd mags from Sportsmans Guide.  They have me on back order right now.  I have an account with them, but I received no notification at all.  I only figured it out after about a week of waiting to see the tracking no. show up.  Have they already charged my card?  Should I call and cancel or wait?   It really bugs the !#%! out of me too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
try buying anything and having it shipped to NYS....

you cant complain until youve lived and tried to order ANYTHING from behind enemy lines.

hell I couldnt get a top wooden handguard for my M1 carbine from SPG because they deem it to be an "assault rifle part".

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top