Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/7/2003 6:01:40 PM EDT
As some of you may know, I've been unemployed for a while and trying unsuccessfully to find a job.  I've had some major bills piling up for a while.  I have also had a Krinkov build at SAI for a long time that I had been counting on coming in a few months ago so I could sell it and use the money to pay some long overdue bills.  Well, my completion date was supposed to be April 30th - which has come and gone.  Then I was told it would ship on Monday, but since Saturday I have not gotten any of my emails answered.  My economic situation has gotten pretty desperate.

Today a job I thought I was going to get went to someone else.  I also lost my remaining grandparent today as well (my Grandmother).

Sorry for the bitch-fest, but I just had to vent.  Thanks for the ears, guys.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, sucktastical. I thought it was rough when I couldn't find a Russian sling. I hope things look up for ya man.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If nothing else, the internet provides a good way to vent.

FWIW, I lost my father while I was unemployed.  Cherish the relatives you have left.

THINGS WILL GET BETTER!

Keep your chin up, vent as needed.

SRM
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
 This too shall pass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My 1 month old brand new car was hit today by some stupid female driver. Bad day for me too seeing as this was supposed to be a good day off after receiving my M4 RAS from the BBT...along with my AIM mag purchase :(
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  Fistpoint, sorry to hear about the car :(

Just got an email from SAI saying my rifle was ready to ship but on test firing was jamming and that I should have some more patience.  In my current mood and condition that was the last thing I wanted to hear but I kept from letting my anger and frustration go down avenues better left untrodden.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Take it from an old man, keep your chin up kid. Some days shit will flow like a river.....it makes you a better person (I think, hehe). You're a good guy Greywolf.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, Bob and Hozer.  I must be an incredible person because the shit sure has been flowing lately.

Bob - hope you are wrong - I really, really need that damn rifle now, not 3 months from now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there man!

I too was in your position, job injury w/no insurance and needin the builds back from Gucci goo so I could sell them. I had explained to him over a period of probly 3 months my situation (back then 2000-2001). Hell, he never even tried. Later after a big show down with my wife I got an email that said "If I would have known your situation I would have worked day and night to get something to you". What a "Buddy", and I'm s'posed to have patients with crap responses like that!

I've been waitin since Oct 2000 for a Krinkov that I have $1500 in. First gucci goo said it didn't function properly because it needed to have the rail changed out. Seems to me that he should have known that since he's a "MASTER GUNSMITH" before he assembled it! Now mind you this was Nov 2000. This one alone has been 2 1/2 years.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn bud, so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Anything I can do, just shout.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, TJ - thanks, man.  I'm hoping to still be able to do that shooting thing we were discussing for Thursday the 22nd.  I was HOPING to have that Krinkov by then as I was planning on at least shooting it a few times before I sold it.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Greywolf,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing, if she was half as wonderful as the one I lost a few years ago, you'll cherish your memories of her forever. Everytime I think of my grandma, I can't help but smile.

Good luck with the job hunt, luckily I haven't gone through that in years. (inbound IM)

(hope you get your rifle too!)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]
hey grey wolf we still love ya bro. sorry about your loss.
john
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, John.  You know, I'm not one to wear my emotions on my sleeve, and God knows I can be easily accused of keeping a clamp on most all of my feelings most of the time (something which drives my wife crazy) but I must say that at a time like this with everything going on and the crap that I've put up with, I can honestly say that you guys (some of whom I've never met) are a better group of friends and comrades than I deserve.  You've always been there for me and I owe you all a debt of gratitude.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have helped me through.  I hope I can be half as considerate and helpful if you ever have troubles in the future.

Now, time to decide what to do regarding a few of these issues.  I just had a HUGE fight with my wife regarding one of them - unlike me, she has NEVER had a problem losing her temper and getting really angry - I think the bilirubin impregnated colonically haustrated matter is about to have contact with the oscillator. (Ooo!  Look at Greywolf, talking like he's some sort of medical student!) :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top