Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:26:01 AM EDT
I just found their site, looks like some good deals on scopes and night vision, I am not familiar with russian optics, so I don't know if this stuff is inexpensive, or just cheap please help!   thanks treeman
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have talked to lee at kalinka optics, and told him there was alot of neg, feedback on AR15.com, and he might want to consider throwing us a bone, since there is a large ak forum on this site, he said he was not the owner, but he didn't realise the neg image here, and said he would pass it on, and he thought the owner would go for it, also their stuff (mostly) comes from South Carolina, some items are special order and come from russia, they also offer a 1 year warranty, and 15 day money back no questions asked, I purchased a scope, and they said it was shipped next day, so I should get it within 3 days of order. not bad..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Reference your other thread: HERE
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I won an auction on Ebay for a PK23 red dot, negotiated the purchase, and had payment in their hands on December 1st, and my sight still has not arrived.

I'm not too concerned though, as I'm pretty sure they had to custom order the PK23 from overseas.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I received my sight today, exactly two weeks after sending payment.

I am very pleased with the item, and have a very positive opinion of Kalinka Optics.

Whoever runs their web sales is very quick about email responses, etc.

The sight itself is high quality, and I'm glad that Kalinka has such a large selection.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have the brightness on the PK23 turned up too high then the flashing becomes slightly distracting. The range of brightness is high, though, so it's extremely easy to turn the sight to a setting where the pulsating reticle is an advantage instead of a distraction. I've not yet had a chance to experiment with the red dot sight during daylight, but the pulsating reticle does seem like it will be a huge advantage.

The sight adjustment knobs all have positive feeling clicks, and the knobs and tube both seem very sturdy. Just as rugged as the Ultimak scope mount and the underfolding Vector AK47 I have it mounted on. We'll see about the long-term durability but my expectations are high, and I'd recommend this red dot over anything else in the $125-$225 range as far as red dots go.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I received my scope today, it was ordered from kalinka 12-12, received it on 12-16, I was in touch with Lee the whole time, he said he had been hired because of the customer service issues.If his service will be the norm. at Kalinka, then they are on the right track. also the scope is ONE BAD MUTHA!  6x24x50 illuminated millidot, I only have a 100yd range, but with my ss varmit upper, I put a 20 round mag in about a quarter size hole, in about  30 seconds, the sun had set, and you could only make out the center of the target through the scope. if  it doesn't fall apart I will be very satisfied.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top