Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2004 6:53:59 PM EDT
I've seen this optic for sale online rarely, but it seems like it's a heck of an optic. Anyone have any info other than pics of it?
www.aa-ok.com/1P29.htm

What about the BDC? I take it as it's an interchangable (for calibers) turret which adjusts the reticule (similar to the way the Unertl optic does it).

Seriously considering this optic, so any info would be much appreciated. How's the FOV, for such a short tube? Parallax?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Got my hands on one last month by lucking into one at the range. Fixes virtually all sins of the original Trilux; still has the pointer that is better at hitting things than paper punching. Cam dial actually selects variable distances vs the short/long lever. No idea if swappable for many other calibers but sure you can learn it as you go. Sighting controls appear much more precise in controlling the optic on the mount.  Nice alloy design weighs maybe a pound, not the 2lbs of the otherwise superb PO3.5x21. Very clear view, range est bracket is tucked to the far right in the thumbnail zone seprated from the rest of the fov, fov is est 40' subjectively a bit more than PSO4x24 but not the 60' of the PO3.5x21.

Gotta compare to the 4x24 for about half price, good but not great clarity, drag reticle for paper punching and bullet drop compensation. PO 3.5x21 has finer reticle, bigger fov, but weighs the full 2lbs.

I only had my original Trilux for comparison at the time (now sold). IMHO none of the above are a bad choice.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top