Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/21/2022 11:28:15 AM EDT
Am I crazy or has anyone ran into a Krinkov AK with the dust cover with flip up sights AND a side rail mount, BUT you cant slide a side rail mount onto the side rail because it interferes with the fixed flip up sights on the Krinkov dust cover? Why in the world was the side rail mounts designed on the Krinkov is my first question, and when in the world would anyone use the side rail mount if you have to change out the dust cover for something like a TWS dog rail anyway?

Literally my face last night figuring this out for the first time. --->
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some side rail mounts that have a rearward bias and shorter optic mounting surface that will position behind the rear iron sight parts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered one. I had no idea what they were called. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You picked the name krinkovovich without knowing about AKSU optics?

This is a good resource to see what Russian optics that were meant for the AKSU looked like and why they worked with that receiver cover:

https://russianoptics.net/aksu.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Am I crazy or has anyone ran into a Krinkov AK with the dust cover with flip up sights AND a side rail mount, BUT you cant slide a side rail mount onto the side rail because it interferes with the fixed flip up sights on the Krinkov dust cover? Why in the world was the side rail mounts designed on the Krinkov is my first question, and when in the world would anyone use the side rail mount if you have to change out the dust cover for something like a TWS dog rail anyway?

Literally my face last night figuring this out for the first time. --->
View Quote

A rear based RS Regulate or AK mastermount should clear it.

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top