Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/13/2011 10:07:29 AM EDT
I've been running an aimpoint micro but thinking about a magnified optic. I wanna stay lightweight as possible.

Any favs you'd like to share? No knockoffs or off brands. Must be top quality, price not really an issue.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Magnification range?  Fixed power or variable?  Illuminated reticle?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Somewhere around 2-4x I suppose?

Fixed. Illuminated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
For a 7.62x39 rifle, you'd have a hard time topping this:
TA33G-13
RS Regulate (Mosin here on Arfcom) is developing a dedicated low-profile/lightweight AK mount for ACOGs
Put the two together and everything and anything else becomes second best for a 7.62x39 rifle IMO.
Mosin recently posted this pic in another thread:

You'll need a deep wallet, but the quality and performance will be unbeatable.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the way you think. I had a TA-11 before and really loved it.

I think if I go the ACOG route now I'll go as small as possible though, which I think is the    TA26S-10?

4", 4.5oz.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I own two ACOGs myself, a TA31F and a TA33R-8.  ACOGs are in a class all their own, to say I'm a fan of them is an understatement.  Well worth the money.

I'd love to put a mini-ACOG like that TA26 on the Krebs rail of my SSR-85, just got too many other rifle projects going on right now that require funding.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top