Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:51:42 AM EDT
Recently bought a Yugo M70AB2 and looking for a good sling.  Not worried about price, and don't care for the original military type sling(and definitely don't want a 3 point sling).  I would like to have the quick detach hooks and swivels would be a plus.  I've been looking for one and can't seem to find one that is a quality sling.  What are you guys using, recommend and why.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Coy  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
OSOE makes top quality gear. My personal favorites:

Convertible: http://www.originalsoegear.com/21sling.html

2 Point: http://www.originalsoegear.com/2pointbungee.html

I use them on AKs and ARs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like that conversion sling.  Is the tail on the conversion sling tuckable?  I would hate to have to cut a $60 sling.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I loop a small portion of the tail up and hold it with an o-ring (I get them free from work) so it isn't quite so long.  You need a portion of the tail free so you can quickly adjust tension/slack in the sling.  How much you leave free is determined by your body size, sling usage, etc.  You could loop and tie off the entire tail if you wanted to, although I can't see that being beneficial for sling usage.  That tail is as long as it is for quick and easy adjustment.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I second the OSOE 2-in-1. You get the option of using both ways.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I really like how much versatility that it has.  I just can't get past the fact that the tail is so long and there is nothing incorporated into the sling to keep it secure.  It looks like if you did secure it with a rubber band or so on, as soon as it gets snagged on something it would be dragging on the ground.  I have a huge problem with that.  I don't want to have to worry about stopping what I am doing every 5 minutes to secure the tail again.  Overall I like the sling, but again this concerns me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm running a boonie packer quick adjust on my polish underfolder.
booniepacker

to attach it to the front, i got an HK hook from strap works.
HK Hook

total investment was less than 25 bucks.

i'm probably going to get a 1.25 side release buckle and use that for a quick rear attachment. there's plenty of extra web material on the sling to allow a person to cut some off and make the attachment.

Buckle

i'll post up some pics if anyone wants to see em.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top