Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 6:04:17 PM EDT
The Kalinka site really doesn't explain the difference between these scopes.  It looks like some of them are almost identical(same specs), with the big
difference being the price; the PSO's are a lot more money.  Does anyone have experience with the PSO's in particular?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I own both, including two POSPs and two PSOs.  Their comparable models are very similar with often only minor differences.  Quality between the two, in my experience, is a draw.

POSPs are built by Zenit-BelOMO in Belarus, most PSOs are built by NPZ in Russia.  Zenit also produces PSOs but I have never seen any here.  Both Zenit and NPZ produced scopes for the Russian army when the Soviet Union was in existence, hence the similarities.

In choosing between the two, I would probably choose the POSP.  Not that there is anything wrong with the PSOs (they are very fine scopes), but there is nothing about them to justify the price difference IMO.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Just avoid Kalinka like the plague, and buy it elsewhere.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked here?

http://www.binocularsmart.com/
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Have you looked here?

http://www.binocularsmart.com/

Been mentioned many times in numerous threads, that is a dead website.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top