Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 2:56:52 PM EDT
how do they work? anyone have any xp with them? got a buddy willing to give me one for 35 bux... I believe the AK ones don't have that adjuster thingy like the other ones though correct? and its only the rear of course...
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had both the regular and the microclick ones. DEFINITE improvement over the notch rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess i'll jump in, there are two good options for a rear peep sight, the mojo and the Krebs. The Krebs is like your regular rear sight except it has a peep sight and retains the elevation slide while the Mojo does not use the slide lever but has the ability to adjust elevation with a screw mounted on the rear of the sight and a small tool used to adjust the screw that raises or lowers the elevation. On the Mojo you lose about a 1/2 inch of sight radius cuz it is shorter than the standard rear sight, the Krebs is the same length as the standard rear sight. The mojo aperture view is slightly larger than the Krebs though. They are both great improvements or the standard sights. If you do use a Mojo you will probably need to hold over and under for shooting at different distances. On my Mojo i zero at 100yds but try to have the rounds zero in 2 inches above my POA so at 200yds i am about 1 inch low. The Krebs you can just slide the lever if you wish to adjust for distances. IMHO the AK is great out to 200-220 yds but after that......well you can practice for yourself. That being said both are great choices as i have both but i always believe that lots of practice with Mr. K's wonderfull tool will bring results that will surprise even the most staunchest non-believers of one of the worlds best operating platforms.Take care
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my regular mojo over notch sights
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the micro click on my Ak and the hardware interferes with the sight picture.  I currently have to have the micro click adjusted one full revolution just to see the post clearly.  I may have to adjust the height of the sight post to compensate.

I'd definitely go Krebs next time around, as I like the standard AK sliding feature with the peep.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top