Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:17:26 PM EDT
May be off the wall, but I would like to know if there is a optic and rail I can use for deer hunting, hog etc.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
May be off the wall, but I would like to know if there is a optic and rail I can use for deer hunting, hog etc.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=105829
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks ,but you could did this  earler
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=105969

That brings back a few laughes

Im currently using  Ultimak and Trijicon reflex on my akm47 (Vector)

This year i want to try my Tantal out with an Ultimak and Aimpoint CompC3.  Only problem for me is that it must be on Private property, due to the Caliber size.  I have seen many pix of people taking deer with 5.45, i cant wait to give her a try.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Try http://tantal.kalishnikov.guns.ru/ and www.kalinkaoptics.com

Both of these are sources of red dot sights and magnified scopes for AK's. Most of the Russian sights come with a built in mount. These mounts are nice in that they are quick detach and retain zero, but be aware that most of them are offset to the left, not centered over the bore, and some are very tall as well.

If you want a red dot for an AK that is centered over the bore and fairly low, go with the gen III Kobra. I have one and like it alot. If you want a magnified scope that is centered and low go with a BP-O2 low mount from tantal and put your choice of rings and scope on it.

www.swfa.com and www.samplelist.com are good sources for western optics at a good price (for mounting on that BP-02 low mount).
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I just used a BP-02 mount from tantal which is the lowest mount you can get and in my opinion is better for that cheek to stock meld when using the scope.  Requires the side mount of course.  After that I mounted a low power variable Weaver Classic V-3 scope.  This all fits on my 1986 Romy G build.  This will set up will drop deer easy.  This is a new gun and I haven't gotten to the range with it yet.  

I also have a SLR-95 converted to pistol grip that I have used to take deer with in the past.  It also has the BP-02 and fixed 6 power scope.  

If you are wondering about ammo I have taken deer with Wolf HP.  My SLR tended to deform SP so I just used the HP and with correct shot placement drops them dead in their tracks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh by the way, I would love to go hog hunting.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info frog01
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just used a BP-02 mount from tantal which is the lowest mount you can get and in my opinion is better for that cheek to stock meld when using the scope.  Requires the side mount of course.  After that I mounted a low power variable Weaver Classic V-3 scope.  This all fits on my 1986 Romy G build.  This will set up will drop deer easy.  This is a new gun and I haven't gotten to the range with it yet.  

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/medium/holster_019.jpg

I also have a SLR-95 converted to pistol grip that I have used to take deer with in the past.  It also has the BP-02 and fixed 6 power scope.  

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/medium/holster_026.jpg

If you are wondering about ammo I have taken deer with Wolf HP.  My SLR tended to deform SP so I just used the HP and with correct shot placement drops them dead in their tracks.

Mojo, how is the BP-02 mount working out for you? Was looking to put one on my rommie but wanted to get a range report first.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
jdawg68,

I can't complain about the BP-o2 mount.  It is a tight mount that keeps my scope low on the rifle where I like it.  I haven't sighted in my Romy G build but the SLR-95 has always been a consistent performer for me.  
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top