Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 2:36:15 PM EDT
Well I picked up a dot for my shotgun the other day and was wondering if anyone had a good range to zero this at?

I was thinking 50 yds would be a good distance as that would be the typical range for geese. I know it has a full choke but I have not been able to pattern the gun yet.
Has anyone on here attempted this before? I have a rough zero and can hit clays pretty well but was wondering if there is anything special I need to do.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My two Vepr 12s and one Saiga 12 all have red dots.  All are zeroed at 50 yards, it is my preferred range for zeroing a shotgun.  Works well for all-around usage.

I normally remove the red dots for grouse and other fast movers, but leave them on the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't comment on an optimal zero distance for a shotgun but I zeroed Rakurs for slugs at 50 yards and it was great for hitting clays

Z
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't comment on an optimal zero distance for a shotgun but I zeroed Rakurs for slugs at 50 yards and it was great for hitting clays

Z
View Quote

That is the most beautiful saiga shotgun i have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Z

Amen!! That looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, it was a fun project that I did about 5 years ago before you could cool stuff like the Vepr12s.

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top