Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2007 6:05:40 PM EDT
I've heard people say they don't use Chinese steel 7.62 mags, or that they won't accept them in trade, in favor of European mags.  Is the quality not quite the same or something?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The only real difference that I am aware of, is that the Chinese are flat back (without the rib).  I actually kinda like no rib, it makes it easier to grab and hold onto harder.  However, I imagine if you dropped a mag on it's back, a rib would help protect the actual mag body.

Maybe there is more to it?  I don't know...
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
they function fine for me, thats all i care about. i dont like the euro mags to be honest.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a AK mag, they are pretty much all the same. Most people that have them can not even tell the difference between any of the mags. I like the Chinese mags and look at the price the Poly chrome follower mags are going for. Someone must like them for the price the sell for.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The Chinese mags actually require much more sophisticated machinary/welding equipment to make. The EE mags can be made with relatively very crude equipment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
it used to be Chinese mags everywhere and the Euro ones were rare.  No one really cared about the Chinese mags, everyone wanted the Euro, esp. E. German ones.

I included two Polytechs with chrome follower along with a post ban Polytech I traded to a dealer.  The dealer barely noticed the mags, I had to remind him they were included.  I probably could have kept them he wouldn't have cared.

Whats a chrome follower magazine going for these days?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top