Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/9/2006 6:00:56 AM EDT
I splurged a bit at KCR and picked up several mags that were uncommon (to me at least)
AK-74
4 Russian plums, all with the Izzy mark still on them.  There was an entire crate of these, $10 each.
1 Russian bakelite, labeled as Afghanistan bring back.  Small stack, $15 each.
AK-47
1 Chinese 40 rounder, smooth back, steel, like new.  Couple of vendors had these, $20.
1 Polish polymer slabside, marked "7.62x39".  One guy had some of these, $18.

Also sighted but out of my price range:
Russian slabsides for $85
Russian RPK-74 bakelite for $100
A Russian bakelite with a single star, is that Molot, or Tula???
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A Russian bakelite with a single star, is that Molot, or Tula???

Tula (see link in my IM).

I bought 4 of the Russian plums, and damn they cleaned up nice!  Also picked up two of the Russian 5.45 bakelites for $15ea, and two Polish Tantal steel mags for $15ea.  Passed on factory Colt 9mm SMG 32rd mags for $50ea. That was a much better show than last October, from a mags-and-ammo perspective.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to mention that I also picked up a Bulgarian cut away mag for $5.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I got 2 of the plum mags that had  writting scatched onto them if I post a pick could someone translate the writting for me?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Tomovich was translating some of the Bulgarian stuff that came on the ORF mags.  I don't know if he can do Russian or not.

Quoted:
I got 2 of the plum mags that had  writting scatched onto them if I post a pick could someone translate the writting for me?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up 4 of the $10 plums (nice to get to sort through a big pile and handpick them), 2 of the $15 bakelites, and 1 $5 plum (all AK74 mags with all Russian marks present).   Wolf 7.62x39 was a bit expensive for me at $150 per 1000 plus tax so I didn't get any.  No 5.45x39, but I didn't expect any anyway.  
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top