Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:25:21 PM EDT
I recently aquired a new  Russian 75 round drum mag.  I have never owned any AK drums before so I'm not sure about this small knob on the back let alone anything else about this drum.  This knob is not attached to the drum, looks like it would be a mini removable wineder tool. Any input?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
the knob you speak of is the take down knob. to use it take a flat head screw driver and depress the bar in the ceter of the knob. turn counter clockwise and then you will feel the knob "break" free. simply lift up and it will come off. now you can pull the back cover off of the drum and get all the cosmoline out of it if it came new in wrap if not you shouldnt have to worry about breaking it down. WARNING do not take out the dummy round and let spring unwind! if you do remove the dummy rounds put somthing in their place to hold spring tension. (DO NOT USE FINGER) clean the dummy rounds and replace asap.  

hope this helps
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top