Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:49:28 PM EDT
Guys, I bought 2 Bulgarian Waffle mags, and they won't fit into my Romanian SAR-1. I can insert the front of the mag in the magazine well, but when I try to push it all the way back, it just goes in  a little and just stops. Have any of you heard of this problem before? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
My sar-1 feeds them fine, what year is yours?  The new ones don't feed every well for some reason I guess the mag wells are thinner.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
AKSpray, I got my SAR-1 in 2000, I have another Bulgarian Waffle magazine that fits fine. The only thing I see different is that the circle with the 10 in it, is smaller on the ones that don't work, compared to the one that does work. I guess I will try to sell them. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
just out of curiosity....on the one that fits, is the "10" stamping encircled by 2 circles or 3?

on the one that doesnt fit, again, is the "10" encircled by just 2 circles, or 3?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=73643

Had the same problem look at my link THIS will help ya !!!! All I had to do is sand it a little with fine sandpaper , just read the post !!!

It's NOT your gun !!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys, the one that fits has two circles and then the solid circle with the 10 in it, the whole logo fit inside one of the squares of the waffle pattern. The ones that don't fit, have 1 circle and then the solid circle with the 10 in it, and do not fill one of the squares.
Tooly, from your previous post in July, are you saying to just file the flat sides of the mags that go into the mag well? I can get them started at the front, but I can't rock them towards the back. I didn't think they were to thick, I thought it was on the back of the mags that were the problem. I will try your method though. Thanks again for all the help!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guys, the one that fits has two circles and then the solid circle with the 10 in it, the whole logo fit inside one of the squares of the waffle pattern. The ones that don't fit, have 1 circle and then the solid circle with the 10 in it, and do not fill one of the squares.
Tooly, from your previous post in July, are you saying to just file the flat sides of the mags that go into the mag well? I can get them started at the front, but I can't rock them towards the back. I didn't think they were to thick, I thought it was on the back of the mags that were the problem. I will try your method though. Thanks again for all the help!!

Yes , I thought  it was the back also and yes sand the part that goes in the mag well 'FLAT SIDES", get # 230  sand paper sand a little then put it in the mag well ,  you will see on the mag where it rubs from the mag well , then just sand more BUT NOT TO MUCH !!!

It will work !!!
I had the same problem ....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Tooly, I will try it the way you describe it. I hope it works. The one I have that does work, works very well. And besides, they do look very cool when they are in the rifle. Thanks again to everyone, this is a great site!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tooly, I will try it the way you describe it. I hope it works. The one I have that does work, works very well. And besides, they do look very cool when they are in the rifle. Thanks again to everyone, this is a great site!!

It will work .... after I did this they fit good !!!! just do it !!!
Let me know how it goes ....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
All my Bulgy mags were tight . I took a bastard file to them on the sides, and I used a box cutter to trim off the extra plastic on the front part of the tab on front of the mag to get them to work on my Vector. Hell I had to file on my Chicom 75 round mag just alil to get it to seat in the mag well all the way. My friend with his Automatic Krink had the same problem with his Bulgy mags. But when done they work and look great in the gun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All my Bulgy mags were tight . I took a bastard file to them on the sides, and I used a box cutter to trim off the extra plastic on the front part of the tab on front of the mag to get them to work on my Vector. Hell I had to file on my Chicom 75 round mag just alil to get it to seat in the mag well all the way. My friend with his Automatic Krink had the same problem with his Bulgy mags. But when done they work and look great in the gun.

Ahhh..... the man that helped me !!!
Thanks again ....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys, I finally got the mags to work. I started on the sides with sand paper. I sanded, and sanded, and they were not going in. So I finally got out my flat file. I filed the sides down more, then tried again....didn't fit. Then I finally got smart and held open the bolt to see where exactly they were stopping. The back of the mag was hitting one of the cross pins that holds on the scope mount. So I filed the back of the mag towards the top. And I also filed the tab that slides on the mag release, when you insert it. Now they fit!! They are a little tight yet, but I think by working them in and out, they will be fine. I want to thank all of you again for all the help.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
better tight than not.  you did good.  glad you got the fix.  the bulgy "10"' waffles with the single circle are newer production (pretty much the ones with the less pronounced waffle pattern and the metal followers)  and feed tower is on average slightly wider than the older production ones (the more pronounced waffle pattern and the plastic followers). i have a mix of both and thats the way it seemed to be with my own, generally speaking.  anyways, youre in business now, so enough said - enjoy!!
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top