Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 1:31:07 PM EDT

www.50rounds.com

I was finally able to get to the range on Saturday to test out my new mags!

I wasn't able to shoot the AK47 mag but I did have a ball with the AK-74 (5,45x39mm).

First-
The fit and finihs was really great. The feel of the mag felt even more durable than a standard E. German 30 round mag.

Second-
The weight of the mag felt to be about 1 3/4 more of a regular 30 rouns mag. But that is expected.

Third-

Easy to load and did not feel any binding of the spring and did not have any FTF out of 200 rounds.
It shot very well and got a lot of looks at the range. I was able to bump fire the mag as well and still no FTF!

Bottom line-

I highly recommend buying and using these mags. I think they would be a very good magazine to look at for SHTF due to the low intervals in reloading.

Only thing I would like to see different is  some of these mags offered in maybe a dark brown color. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the black, but to make a line of them in dark brown would look better in some AK's

Hopefully next week I will be able to give the  Steel AK47 magazine a tryout!

WAVE's Mag Review

Range Report:

I received a 5.45x39mm magazine from Tony("shankton") to test through my AK. Upon opening the package I was impressed with the worksmanship of the magazine, I saw where the E. German bakelites were attached to each other and tried to twist them apart. No dice. They're plenty sturdy, it'll hold up to regular magazine use. I ran approx 250 rounds through the magazine problem free(what did you expect?). Now I have another reason for K-Var hurry up and finally come out with those RPK-74 kits!

Good
- Comes in all purpose matte black
- no difficulties loading 50 rounds into the magazine
- 0 malfuctions through my Intrac Arms AK-74
- nice alternative to expensive RPK-74 magazines and virtually non-existant drum magazines
- scares anti's!

Bad
- Don't bother trying to shoot from the prone position. Won't happen.
- Now I'm going through my 5.45x39mm ammo even faster!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Unfortunately for my mag hobby, I have to move out of the space I'm in now. I am taking a slight hiatus but will return with a new inventory of AK mags in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post here when I get going again. If anyone wants to buy the last few 545 or 223 mags I have left, drop an email.
Thanks
Tony
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My own pics added.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top