Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2013 8:14:31 PM EDT
Picked up my first ever Ygo BHO mag today to see if I like the feature. Initially I didn't really care for the stiffer than usual mag removal and subsequent BCG slamming forward, it it got me thinking; if combined with a Krebs safety, theoretically could you throw on the safety level once the bolt locks back on the follower and then release it after a mag change thus chambering the first round of the new mag? Does any of this make sense?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious as to if this is possible too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the Krebs safety holds the bolt back further than the Yugo mag will so they may not line up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
You could probably mod your current safety to do that, if the Krebs doesn't line up right.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the Krebs safety holds the bolt back further than the Yugo mag will so they may not line up.
View Quote

This is correct.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
In addition to the safety not lining up the bolt is held against the follower in the mag, so even if you got the safety to line up getting the new mag in could cause some issues since there is no clearance.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In addition to the safety not lining up the bolt is held against the follower in the mag, so even if you got the safety to line up getting the new mag in could cause some issues since there is no clearance.
View Quote

Upon further inspection this is the conclusion I've drawn as well. Overall I'm not crazy about the mag. By no means is it an inferior mag, in fact it appears to be exceptionally robust, but I still prefer the Chinese and other com bloc designs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Confirmed on my Yugo, a new notch would have to be cut.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
on an ak you don't know when you've fired your last shot until you pull the trigger on an empty chamber. Than it could be too late if someone is firing back. Even when someone isn't it's nice to have that bolt lock back on an empty

chamber letting you know it's empty. Saves you a second or two on reloads. Means a lot in the heat of the battle.

It's obvious when that bolt locks back you know your empty. I like the Yugo mags. They are built like tanks.

One thing I have found is Yugo, Romanian, Russian, and other European mags fit differently than Chinese mags do. So be aware of that. Chinese mags seem to fit tighter in the magwell and on the mag release.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Such a short distance, probably wouldn't push forward with enough force to fully chamber the next round. A quick release on an AK would be badass.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a thread on how to make your own BHO mags and notch your current safety.

I did it to my SAR and mod'ed a few mags and it works great.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=665
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top