Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2007 9:12:24 AM EDT
I see the stripper clip guides all the time online for sale that have the star on the side.  I assume Chinese - looks like a Chinese SKS 20-rd mag's side?  Anyway, do they work well?  I have a ton of stripper clips from my SKS, and it would help loading my AK mags if I could use them.

Here's one at Marstar - first image that matched what I wanted on Google images - www.marstar.ca/images/mags/AKR-102-AK-Mag-Loader.jpg

Thanks!  

Link Posted: 11/16/2007 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
They work fine, no issues.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
In my experience those guides are too long.
You have two options:
1. Use your thumb to press the back of the loader against the back of the magazine.
2. Tape a thin piece of wood (I used a cut down shim and some electrical tape) to the front of the loader, so the back of the loader is tight to the back of the magazine.

Link Posted: 11/16/2007 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, guys.  I was afraid they were useless, but I think I'll get one now.  I have lots of ammo on SKS strippers, and even if it just takes some minor modding like described, I can make it work.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They work for me...
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They work for me...

+1  
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They work for me...

+2
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine in the mail earlier this week and just had a chance to use it.  What a piece of crap!  It was too tight to fit my mags, so I bent the sides out a little (it was curved, and I straightened it).  It was too tight in the lip area to allow my stripper clips to fit in it, so I bent the lips out a little.  It now sort of works, but the guide on the back bends back and forth if I put any pressure on the ammo in the stripper clip, so I bet it will break soon.  You can only bend metal back and forth so many times before it breaks.  Also, about 3 rounds of each clip load before it starts binding up.  I never have this probem with my AR Thermold stripper clips and charger - they work great.

It is actually faster to load the mags by hand than to use this thing.    Maybe I got a bad one?  China isnt exactly known for their accesories being top-notch consistently, so mine may just be bad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]

I got mine in the mail earlier this week and just had a chance to use it. What a piece of crap! It was too tight to fit my mags, so I bent the sides out a little (it was curved, and I straightened it). It was too tight in the lip area to allow my stripper clips to fit in it, so I bent the lips out a little. It now sort of works, but the guide on the back bends back and forth if I put any pressure on the ammo in the stripper clip, so I bet it will break soon. You can only bend metal back and forth so many times before it breaks. Also, about 3 rounds of each clip load before it starts binding up. I never have this probem with my AR Thermold stripper clips and charger - they work great.

It is actually faster to load the mags by hand than to use this thing.  Maybe I got a bad one? China isnt exactly known for their accesories being top-notch consistently, so mine may just be bad

"DIDO A REAL BIG P O S! 3 IN THEN BINDSUP. SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY."
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
They are crap in opinion.  I have one and it is worthless.  I don't really care much for the stripper clips either.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got mine in the mail earlier this week and just had a chance to use it.  What a piece of crap!  It was too tight to fit my mags, so I bent the sides out a little (it was curved, and I straightened it).  It was too tight in the lip area to allow my stripper clips to fit in it, so I bent the lips out a little.  It now sort of works, but the guide on the back bends back and forth if I put any pressure on the ammo in the stripper clip, so I bet it will break soon.  You can only bend metal back and forth so many times before it breaks.  Also, about 3 rounds of each clip load before it starts binding up.  I never have this probem with my AR Thermold stripper clips and charger - they work great.

It is actually faster to load the mags by hand than to use this thing.    Maybe I got a bad one?  China isnt exactly known for their accesories being top-notch consistently, so mine may just be bad.

I never thought I'd be defending these things, since they are far from perfect, however I do think you got a bad one.  Mine has none of the problems you described; it fits the magazines, the stripper clips fit it, and it doesn't flex or bend in use.  It does need to be pressed forward and held securely onto the magazine, as was previously mentioned, and you do need a strong push straight down at the very back of the rounds.  Once the rounds start loading, the whole clipload of ammo should "zip" right into the magazine.  I have also found that well-used or bare steel strippers feed the smoothest, while freshly-parked ones have more resistance; no shock there.  I have used mine countless times, and it is much quicker than loading by hand.  However, it isn't as nice as the FAL speedloader or cliploading a Mauser 98 by any stretch of the imagination.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top