Link Posted: 10/10/2006 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this stuff non-corrosive?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
It's surplus ammo, so expect it to be corrosive.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
AIM's ammo policy:

Posted By AIM:
All first time ammunition customers (who are not Licensed FFL Dealers) must Fax, Email, or Mail a copy of his/her State issued Drivers License or State Identification to verify date of birth. This must be completed Before, or at the time order is placed*. If your State of Residence requires a separate state issued license to purchase ammunition, then a copy of this state issued document must be faxed before an order for ammunition will be processed. When faxing, mailing, or emailing your Ammunition order Requirements, please include your order number.

No THANKS!
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes it is corrosive I called.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
AIM's ammo policy:

Posted By AIM:
All first time ammunition customers (who are not Licensed FFL Dealers) must Fax, Email, or Mail a copy of his/her State issued Drivers License or State Identification to verify date of birth. This must be completed Before, or at the time order is placed*. If your State of Residence requires a separate state issued license to purchase ammunition, then a copy of this state issued document must be faxed before an order for ammunition will be processed. When faxing, mailing, or emailing your Ammunition order Requirements, please include your order number.

No THANKS!

Eh, you don't do much ammo business on the 'net, do you?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this the same stuff as the 7n6?  If not, what is the difference (other than year of manufacture)?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AIM's ammo policy:

Posted By AIM:

No THANKS!

That I know of, AIM is the only place that does this. It's not a big deal though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I'm not going to give out my rersonal information to people I don't know. I guess I won't be buying ammo from them. You know all they have to do is require an Adult signature  upon delivery.

Link Posted: 10/10/2006 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well I'm not going to give out my rersonal information to people I don't know. I guess I won't be buying ammo from them. You know all they have to do is require an Adult signature  upon delivery.

Good point about signature delivery.  It's too late about personal information, NOTHING is personal--NOTHING

So, back to this ammo.  Good stuff, yes?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a little amazed that in 1991 someone was still manufacturing corrosive ammo. I thought that stopped in the '60s or '70s. I figured even the eastern block countries would have caught up by then.

Three quick questions -

1) Did the Bulgarian 74 parts kits k-var was importing about 5 years ago have chrome-lined bbls?

2) Other than the bbl does corrosive ammo severely affect any other parts of the rifle (bolt assem, inside of receiver, etc)?

3) Is this WASP ammo THAT MUCH better than the Wolf Classic stuff that is selling for about the same price?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AIM's ammo policy:

Posted By AIM:

No THANKS!

I buy the majority of my ammo online.  About 6 major suppliers and I have done it for years.  None of them require me to send a copy of my DL.  Why in the heck would I give a copy of my DL to a $7/hr flunky?  Crazy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
AIM's ammo policy:

Posted By AIM:

No THANKS!

I buy the majority of my ammo online.  About 6 major suppliers and I have done it for years.  None of them require me to send a copy of my DL.  Why in the heck would I give a copy of my DL to a $7/hr flunky?  Crazy.

A copy of your C&R FFL works. I would never send them my DL either.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm a little amazed that in 1991 someone was still manufacturing corrosive ammo. I thought that stopped in the '60s or '70s. I figured even the eastern block countries would have caught up by then.

Three quick questions -

1) Did the Bulgarian 74 parts kits k-var was importing about 5 years ago have chrome-lined bbls?

YES

2) Other than the bbl does corrosive ammo severely affect any other parts of the rifle (bolt assem, inside of receiver, etc)?

YES

3) Is this WASP ammo THAT MUCH better than the Wolf Classic stuff that is selling for about the same price?

NO

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]
The stuff in your ID is not that confidential. I don't think you can do much with just that unless you are a good hacker or have contacts...
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
after a company gets sued for NOT getting a copy of a drivers license, they will require it also.   About 6 companies got sued two years ago and we all require it, the others will require it once they get sued.   Some attorney generals have too much time on their hands.  we enter your DOB and that we verified it, then shred it.  A C&R or FFL will also do..

Thanks for telling us why.
Should have known Lawyers was the final answer!
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
after a company gets sued for NOT getting a copy of a drivers license, they will require it also.   About 6 companies got sued two years ago and we all require it, the others will require it once they get sued.   Some attorney generals have too much time on their hands.  we enter your DOB and that we verified it, then shred it.  A C&R or FFL will also do..

Just require an adult signature for pete's sake.  You should be more worried about getting "sued" by someone who gets his identity stolen and traces it back to you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AIM's ammo policy:

Posted By AIM:

No THANKS!

Probably doesn't have a concealed permit, or a C&R, either. Might not even buy firearms at retail outlets either (dreaded 4473 requires name, address, SSN, etc.) All these things require one to release their name, address, etc.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
First, I HAVE BEEN SUED for not getting driver license, it has nothing to do with a adult signature.   I got adult signatures, that means nothing.

Please reference the statute that requires that you get a copy of a buyers DL.

The laws (where applicable) require that you exercise due diligence to ensure that ammunition is not sold to minors. Thats all.  There are many other ways you can meet this buden without making me send you my picture and all the other information contained in a DL.

You say this is a common practice.  This is your business so I'm sure you are right.  I just haven't run into it before and I buy a lot of ammo online.  What other online ammo suppliers require their buyer fax their DL?
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I know ammoman, and century, require it

From Ammoman's website:

If you do not have a copy of your drivers license on file with us when you place your order, we send it "ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED", this means an adult must be home to sign for the package. UPS will make 3 attempts and leave a yellow sticker each time, then return the package to us.

Century requires a copy of an "ID" to buy anything from them so they are just out there.

Look, I know you are just trying to protect your business and family.  I'm just saying there are othe ways to accomplish this.  I have other options too and I choose to exercise them.  Sorry.  

You do have a good business and good offerings.  I have bought firearms from you in the past.  This is just one line I choose not to cross when I have other choices.   Let's just agree to disagree.

Link Posted: 10/13/2006 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...  You say this is a common practice.  This is your business so I'm sure you are right.  I just haven't run into it before and I buy a lot of ammo online.  What other online ammo suppliers require their buyer fax their DL?

Not to answer for f_b, but since I made the assertion earlier in the thread as well...

www.ammoman.com/ageproof.html

www.georgia-arms.com/order.htm

www.cdnninvestments.com/forms.html

www.aaa-ammo.com/statement.htm

www.impactguns.com/store/ammo_ship.html

www.southernammo.com/ordering_information/ordering_info.htm

www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/downloads/mailers/bush_mailer_2006_forms.pdf

... and these are just off the top off my head because I have ordered from all of these in the past.

As shown previously, Ammoman does not require it.  As for the others you listed, I will take your word for it.  For every supplier that does require this, I can show one that doesn't.  No big deal.  

I am just saying that we have choices and I choose not to do this.  If someone doesn't have a problem with it then buy.  This is America afterall.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#29]
What if you dont have a state issued ID of any sort?
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Whats the big figgen deal wrong with sending a copy of your drivers liscence  Just black out the info you don't want to share
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Well if all you want is the DOB I guess I can black out the rest.

Yes

No

I also now understand why you have the requirement and don't fault you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#32]
The guys at AIMS are great !
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Whats the big figgen deal wrong with sending a copy of your drivers liscence  Just black out the info you don't want to share

I have to agree. Some people are so worried about giving out their DL info but they probably don't think twice about handing over their credit card to a waiter at a restaurant, or some other similar situation.

But then again, I guess a waiter would fall under the same $7/hr flunky category as someone working at AIM...as CD-R put it <<< jeez, what an idiot (to put it politely).
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have to agree. Some people are so worried about giving out their DL info but they probably don't think twice about handing over their credit card to a waiter at a restaurant, or some other similar situation.

But then again, I guess a waiter would fall under the same $7/hr flunky category as someone working at AIM...as CD-R put it <<< jeez, what an idiot (to put it politely).

Idiot?  Thanks for being polite.

If you think this issue is in the same realm of potential CC Fraud, think again "idiot".  If someone gets a hold of your credit card and racks up some fraud charges, who cares.  One call to the CC company and the charges are reversed and a new card is on it's way.  

The issue with a COPY of ones DL floating out there out of your control is far more risky.  Pull out your DL and look at what information is there.  Your picture.  Height, weight, hair color, eye color.  Vehicle class.  Do you require glasses and or lenses.  Date of issue (which can indicate how long you have lived in the issuing state).  DL number.  Home address (I don't usually have mail order items delivered to my house where they can sit outside the door all day until I come home).  Maybe your license is restricted for some reason (DUI etc). Facsimile of your legal signature (I usually just do a scribble on delivery receipts etc).  In other words, there is a boatload of information included on a DL and it's all in one place.  Information that someone can use to EASILY screw you up big time!  Not to mention that the person now has an image of your DL that HE can now fax to other businesses to order things.  So timothy585, before you start calling people idiots for being cautious in a world where identity theft is RAMPANT, why don't you take a breath and think.

Now, the guy from AIM and I have agreed to disagree.  He himself has admitted that this policy is costing him money but he has already done his own cost benefit analyisis and feels that this is best for his business and family.  I have done the same.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm not much of a hacker but if I have your drivers Lic at 8am by 4pm I will be well on my way to owning you and destroying your credit. Others can do this in an hour or less. Your personal information should be kept personal. Requiring information to be disclosed that can in return harm you should not be allowed to happen.

I've had product shipped to me that would not /could not be delivered without my signature. In otherwords dragongoddess ordered something and dragongoddess has to sign for it or it's returned to the shipper.

Now I know its not a perfect world but there needs to be a way around this ID requirement that allows a person to protect their personal information and still be able to order from AIM and AIM not held accountable for some unforeseen occurrence.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Are you worried about it getting intercepted over the fax?  or over email? or through the mail?  cause if you are worried about 1, then there is two other options.   If you are worried about what happens when its here, then its obvious you don't trust us and i don't know how to cure that.    

It's not a matter of trusting you or not trusting you.  It's a matter of having to make that decision.  I don't want to have to be put in a position to make that decision so I choose not to buy ammo from you.  No big deal as I have other choices.  

I have never heard a bad thing about AIM and my few experiences buying from you have all gone well but that doesn't provide any protection against an infinate number of potential problems that can arise with you having more information about me than you need.  I know you are a careful guy......no wait........I DON'T know you are a careful guy.  In fact, I don't know you at all.  I really have no idea who you are and that is why I'm not going to load a copy of my DL into the fax machine and push "Send".  No offense.  

Like I said earlier, we have already agreed to disagree.  The only reason I responded this morning is because somebody called me an "idiot" and likened my concerns to those of credit card fraud.  I'm really not interested in pressing this with you.  You do seem to run a good business and you obviously have a lot of satisfied customers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#38]

I have ordered from AIM. I have had no problems and for a while they had the best price on SA .308. Shipped fast, no problems, information appears to be secure.

A few important things to consider:

1. Use and UIN or customer number on your DL, don't use your social.
2. Fax is probably one of the better ways of sending your info. Unless someone has gone to some serious effort to tap the line (and b/c a fax is a point to point connection) you should be alright. - When I say fax I mean the type which uses the normal phone line, not an internet fax.
3. Sending any personal information over the net (or having it on your computer which has an internet connection) is inherently insecure. Encryption, sockets, firewalls, routing, honey pots, etc, etc...are all delay mechanisms. Its not an issue of will it be cracked but instead how long.
4. Deal with bigger companies with good management.
5. As someone else said black out the info you don't want added.
6. Use layers of protection with Credit Cards. Have one credit card which is used only on the net. Don't link the card from any of your accounts. Make sure the card comes with a protection plan. Check the card balance often! Use and LLC or partnership to separate your assets. There are lots of tricks to slowing down identity thieves.

AIM - now if you can just lower those prices on the WASP ill buy some from you.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
CD-R,
I just wanted to know what means of sending the info worried customers.   I know you were not pressing me.    
Bryan
Aim

You Sir, are a gentleman
I still don't trust you
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot?  Thanks for being polite.

If you think this issue is in the same realm of potential CC Fraud, think again "idiot".  If someone gets a hold of your credit card and racks up some fraud charges, who cares.  One call to the CC company and the charges are reversed and a new card is on it's way.  

The issue with a COPY of ones DL floating out there out of your control is far more risky.  Pull out your DL and look at what information is there.  Your picture.  Height, weight, hair color, eye color.  Vehicle class.  Do you require glasses and or lenses.  Date of issue (which can indicate how long you have lived in the issuing state).  DL number.  Home address (I don't usually have mail order items delivered to my house where they can sit outside the door all day until I come home).  Maybe your license is restricted for some reason (DUI etc). Facsimile of your legal signature (I usually just do a scribble on delivery receipts etc).  In other words, there is a boatload of information included on a DL and it's all in one place.  Information that someone can use to EASILY screw you up big time!  Not to mention that the person now has an image of your DL that HE can now fax to other businesses to order things.  So timothy585, before you start calling people idiots for being cautious in a world where identity theft is RAMPANT, why don't you take a breath and think.

Now, the guy from AIM and I have agreed to disagree.  He himself has admitted that this policy is costing him money but he has already done his own cost benefit analyisis and feels that this is best for his business and family.  I have done the same.

CD-R,

What hit a nerve was not really what info someone chooses to give or not give out. Do as you please, I don't care if you never buy anything online again.

Calling someone a $7/hr flunky whom you know nothing about is cheap and easy. I and I'm sure many other here are/have worked their way through college or whatever endeavor it was they pursued to improve their lives by getting along on less-glamorous jobs for as long as it took.

I am quite successful now, but I make it a point to remember the hard work at sometimes low wages I had to go through to get to where I am now. Today, when I get the chance I show courtesy to those individuals in that position I was in decades ago. More often than not, they are hard-working honest individuals.

Regards.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Jesus, I make trips to AIM all the time to pick up ammo, if you don't like their policies then quit your bitching and buy somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Back to the ammo, anyone get some and try it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
yes
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
What hit a nerve was not really what info someone chooses to give or not give out. Do as you please, I don't care if you never buy anything online again.

Calling someone a $7/hr flunky whom you know nothing about is cheap and easy..................

That's what "hit a nerve"?  

Um, OK
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#46]
height=8
Quoted:
Are you worried about it getting intercepted over the fax?  or over email? or through the mail?  cause if you are worried about 1, then there is two other options.   If you are worried about what happens when its here, then its obvious you don't trust us and i don't know how to cure that.    

About a year ago my purse was stolen. All of my life was in that purse. ID's checking and savings accounts. Brokerage accounts. Doctors appointments. Safety deposit keys/ Credit cards. Military Id's. Everything. All a person needed to do was change the pictures and they had my life.

Do you have any idea what one has to do when their information is stolen. So please don't take offense when I ask if there are alternate methods to achive your requirements and allow me to order items from you.

Now I have one computer that is used only for online transactions. Its checked before I plug it in to the net for the transaction after which it is disconnected from the net and security software is run again to insure nothing was downloaded to the computer during the time it was on the net. No info is stored on this computer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#47]
So.........is this as good as the Wolf or is it better??????
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]
wow, i had a good chuckle at this thread....  
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So.........is this as good as the Wolf or is it better??????

I guess you could say it's not as good and it's better.

It's not as good because it's corrosive and you'll have to be really thorough when cleaning a semiautomatic rifle after shooting corrosive ammo.

It's better because it's real military ammo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Does the "WASP" ammo have the 7N6 bullet or diffrent?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top