Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
Hi All,

I know there's a bit of a drought on ammo right now, but does ANYONE have 5.45X39???  Just got my first Arsenal and its killing me not to be able to shoot it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sportmans Guide things a few weeks they shoud have some, go ahead and order it from them and get on the waiting list like me and others. Checkout  Ammunitionstore.com looks like they might have some.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sportmans Guide things a few weeks they shoud have some, go ahead and order it from them and get on the waiting list like me and others. Checkout  Ammunitionstore.com looks like they might have some.

Thanks....

I called Ammunitionstore.com today and they are sold out as well...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind paying $40 too much, try CheaperThanDirt.com.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you don't mind paying $40 too much, try CheaperThanDirt.com.

Thats is a tough price...and the site shows as sold out as well.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I am still waiting for the cases or 5.45x39 I ordered from Centerfire Systems and Sportsman's Guide.  Both were ordered 10/25/05.  They keep pushing me back week after week.  However, I should state that Centerfire was pretty up front as they stated long ago they do not have any idea when they will receive their shipment.  Sportsman's Guide just changes promised dates over and over again.  
While waiting on these I found plenty at fair prices.  Those places have been sold out for a month or so.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
double post.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hi All,

I know there's a bit of a drought on ammo right now, but does ANYONE have 5.45X39???  Just got my first Arsenal and its killing me not to be able to shoot it!

IM & email sent...
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hi All,

Have you checked with Southern Firearms Appraisers in B'ham?  I stopped by last Fall and they were selling some 5.45 on consignment.  Did you get an SLR105?  A1 version?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#9]
You are both right !!

The bullet that was banned from importation had the air space (legal by US law) AND a steel core (illegal by US (stupid) law).  I believe it was the 7N6 round.  The steel core is what made it illegal - the stuff imported now can be had with the air space and a lead core.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi All,

Have you checked with Southern Firearms Appraisers in B'ham?  I stopped by last Fall and they were selling some 5.45 on consignment.  Did you get an SLR105?  A1 version?

No, it's a SLR-105 R (Ban Style). I got a great deal on it, but I hate that its ban style. I emailed Arsenal some days ago to inquire about having it converted by them but they have not replied.
I haven't tried SFA....thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Believe it or not, I managed to find some Wolf at alocal fun shop. It was in his back room and I bought al he had. Only 600 rounds, but better than nothing. I guess!  The price was about 1.5 what was normal, but....

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top