BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:06:38 AM EDT
Just got and email this weekend and with the back order change and it said the price was below was what it was changed to I called today to see if I was still getting it at the 227.47 price that I ordered it for and they said no I had to pay the new higher price because they were being charged more for it she also said they had a disclaimer about this on their web site in the about us section I cant find it anywhere. I will never do business with a this shady company again. All of you should call and complain. Just giving you guys the heads up were all getting screwed.They said to use the contact us email so that the management will know how upset many of the customers are and how many customers they could be losing there are I also let them know that Cabelas will not do this to you on their back order policy I have back ordered from them many times and even though the price goes up you still get it at the price you bought it for. They said to refer to this Errors section on the web site that says they can do this. This does not seem like an error to me they just believed they could make more money off of it in today's firearm and ammo environment. They said that there supplier raised the price on them. So they sell items with out knowing their profit margins that doesn't sound like a good business practice. Their supervisor said they were still the cheapest on this ammo anywhere. I told them they could just cancel my order that was high and that I was sure they would be many other orders canceled on this also.

Errors

I do my best to make sure
                                           the correct photo, price and copy are shown. But...sometimes I make a mistake. In
                                           the event of any such mistake, I reserve the right to charge the correct price,
                                           to ship the correct item, or to correct the mistake. However, you will be notified
                                           at the time you order and...I beg your pardon.

Puchased May 12 for 227.47 it was changed this weekend to the new higher price.

Item:67116-000-000 (1000RD 7.62X39 122GR
FMJ)
Quantity/Cost:1 @ $314.97 (Extended:
$314.97)
Expected Ship Date:07/14/09

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#1]
oh shit!     Now I am checking my shit too!      If they try this on me then I'll raise HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
You ordered the Black Box Wolf stuff right?
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Wolf Black Box 7.62x39 1,000 rounds
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
SHITTY!
I have 2 spam cans and 1k of their MCHP on backorder at the lower prices right now...     I am just waiting for their B.S. e-mail now!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Luckily I got their backorder change emails a couple weeks ago.....just checked and they are all for the lower prices...
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I almost ordered this stuff also but I knew they would try to pull some shit like this. It was just too good to be true so I backed off.
Man that sucks. I hope yall give em hell!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't gotten the email on my order yet. I will cancel if they raise the price on it. I'm hoping since I only ordered one case and I am a new member they will honor the original price. I suppose I can shit in one hand....
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the email a couple of days ago. Still backordered for the lower price..
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
did you call to make sure
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Dammit!! Interestingly, my order is still marked as "backordered" but the item is "in stock" at the new higher prices in their website. I'm waiting on the e-mail and will definitely cancel my order if they don't honor their price.

link

ETA: Holy shit!! I just checked my credit card statement online and the fuckers are charging me the new price!! E-mail inbound. I order ammo from them all the time and I will let them know I will gladly take my business elsewhere after this.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
did you call to make sure

No, But I guess I better before I get a nice surprise on my CC.

Heres the email I got in the 14th

Item: 54049-000-000 (1000 RNDS 7.62X39 HP BIM)
Quantity/Cost: 1 @ $227.47 (Extended: $227.47)
Expected Ship Date: 08/24/09

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:11:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Ammo for SG is such a small percentage of sales, that they don't keep up with the rapid price increases.
It was well known from reading the internet that Wolf had a huge price increase effective 4-14-09. Obviously, the
people at SG don't know/care about this and never apply this until somebody notices that ,"Hey, we are backordering this stuff
to sell at below our cost!" Looking back over the last two years, SG has lost a lot of money by their backorder policy. They would do better
not to backorder and just mark it up and sell it lot to lot and watch their cost. If your backorder is at the old price, good for you. SG will lose/not make
money and you get the deal. The only blame SG should get is being slow to watch their costs. Other sites caught it right off and adjusted prices accordingly.

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]
All 6 of my BO's are safe. Thank God.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll keep an eye on it.  I have a small backorder or 240 rounds of MC through them right now.  It still says my ship date is May 26th.  I got in at $49.00 for 240 rounds.  This was over a month ago and I will be pissed if they raise the price.  Especially since I renewed my membership with them at the same time.  I will dispute the charge on my CC for the ammo and the membership if they up the price on me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ammo for SG is such a small percentage of sales, that they don't keep up with the rapid price increases.
It was well known from reading the internet that Wolf had a huge price increase effective 4-14-09. Obviously, the
people at SG don't know/care about this and never apply this until somebody notices that ,"Hey, we are backordering this stuff
to sell at below our cost!" Looking back over the last two years, SG has lost a lot of money by their backorder policy. They would do better
not to backorder and just mark it up and sell it lot to lot and watch their cost. If your backorder is at the old price, good for you. SG will lose/not make
money and you get the deal. The only blame SG should get is being slow to watch their costs. Other sites caught it right off and adjusted prices accordingly.

I'm here daily and had not heard that wolf had a big price increase got a link?  I'm not doubting you I am just curious.

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]
ETA: Holy shit!! I just checked my credit card statement online and the fuckers are charging me the new price!! E-mail inbound. I order ammo from them all the time and I will let them know I will gladly take my business elsewhere after this.
[/quote]

Wow, what a revelation.  As one poster stated some time back on another Squirtsman's Guide topic, this company has two kinds of ammo customers.  Those who've been hosed, and those who will be ...........
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#16]
My credit card appears to have been charged the higher amount as well.  I was never notified.

This is called FRAUD.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#17]
make sure all you guys are calling and complaining and sending them emails. BBB may need to be notified.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Even better, if you aren't notified, why call and cancel ahead of time?  Make them pay to ship it to you, and then make them pay to have ups come pick it up again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#19]
That's a good idea. Refuse the UPS shipment when it gets to you....causes them to have to pay for shipping and have to refund you....everybody do this instead of canceling there order and then call SG customer service to let them know what you did and what others are doing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I was charged the higher price too.

This has happened to me before and after I called and asked them to fix it they did. But that was a $12 difference. I'm not sure how they will handle a $160 difference.

I already no what I'm going to do if they don't comply.

It looks like their CS is going to be busy the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I just checked mine and they charged for previous price, my CC had a bunch of $54.02 charges from Sportsman's Guide (they bill each case separtely I guess?  I did the 4 payment plan.  I also have a large quanity on backorder still from them, of Wolf HP, FMJ, and SP (all from $212-236), some was from previous deals, the FMJ was from the same deal that everyone else is discussing, I just made another later order for more of it that was put on backorder instead of instock.  Have not recieved any change emails on any of them (5-6 orders).  If won't say anything of course.  If they charge me more when they ship without notifying me first I'm sure they will fix it.  If not they can send a call tag out for it whenever it comes in, if the price is not still under market.  SG has always been good to me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Heres what you guys need to do if they won't change it then dispute it on your CC, if you kept your orginal order with the orginal price on it, SG does not have a leg to stand on in the eyes of the CC companty.  I got 5 k rounds delivered last week of the black box 122g HP for .22 round shipped.  You can not beat that price with a stick.  

I have 5 k wolf MC more on BO for .212 cents/ round which is supposed to ship in July.  If they try to change the price with me without asking it will be disputed.  I'm not even sure if I want it now as I have enough 7.62 to last me a long time maybe the rest of my shooting life, considering I have lots of other things to shoot.

Now if SHTF I'm not so sure I have enough
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#23]
They charged my card for the new price as well. I called them and they are refunding the difference back to my card.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They charged my card for the new price as well. I called them and they are refunding the difference back to my card.

Good to here.

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow, what a revelation.  As one poster stated some time back on another Squirtsman's Guide topic, this company has two kinds of ammo customers.  Those who've been hosed, and those who will be ...........

Ordered a bunch of ammo for years and some backorders too and never had a problem. Even Brian at AIM said that 99% of the time they honor the old price. Well, i guess the $100+ difference was too much for them to take. I'm really more pissed about them charging me the higher price without telling me. I probably would've kept the order if they did that. I've already called my credit card company and the charges are in dispute because of what they call fraud. I called SG this morning and they were definitely busy cancelling orders. If the item makes it to shipping, I will refuse delivery and they'll just have to pay the extra shipping. I'm stocked up on ammo but the low price was just too much to resist. Oh well, considered me hosed and lesson learned I guess.  Time to find another vendor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I placed an order around 11:30 AM on 5/12 when the ammo was still in stock.  My invoiced price was $216 (club price).  My order shipped that day and my card was charged $320 ($299 for the ammo).  I emailed Customer Service and asked why my card was charged $299, when I bought it (and was invoiced at) $216.  Their reply basically said that the price was $299 and that was it.  I asked them why the invoice I received from them was for $216, then.  I went on to say I was going to dispute this with my CC company if they did not credit my card.  They replied again on 5/14, this time saying:

Our apologies that you were not aware of the price change.  Since you did purchase your order at the price of $216.10 we have given you back the difference of $83.10 on the item. We have put in the request to have you refunded the $83.10.  The refund will be applied back to the credit card used for that order within 48 hours.  We ask that you please allow the credit card company 1-2 billing statements before you see the refund.

Obviously, their website was not aware of the price change, either.   It's almost a week later and my card hs not been credited yet.  In the age of the internet, I should see the credit immediately on my card.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I am making torches and sharpening my pitchfork right now...  
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know why but find this all to be very funny.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Jesus, next we will be hearing about how banks will penalize responsible credit card users for now good reason...Oh wait  

Yep, consumers constantly getting shafted.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's all fun and games until the SHTF and you're out of ammo for your AK. Damn Frenchies.

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all fun and games until the SHTF and you're out of ammo for your AK. Damn Frenchies.

How much do you think you need.  I went to the range yesterday and put 250 rounds thru my SKS.  With what I have in stock if I go to the range once a week and shoot the same amount I will have enough for 3 years!!!  Normal shooting probably a lifetime or at least until nobama is booted!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I placed an order around 11:30 AM on 5/12 when the ammo was still in stock.  My invoiced price was $216 (club price).  My order shipped that day and my card was charged $320 ($299 for the ammo).  I emailed Customer Service and asked why my card was charged $299, when I bought it (and was invoiced at) $216.  Their reply basically said that the price was $299 and that was it.  I asked them why the invoice I received from them was for $216, then.  I went on to say I was going to dispute this with my CC company if they did not credit my card.  They replied again on 5/14, this time saying:

Our apologies that you were not aware of the price change.  Since you did purchase your order at the price of $216.10 we have given you back the difference of $83.10 on the item. We have put in the request to have you refunded the $83.10.  The refund will be applied back to the credit card used for that order within 48 hours.  We ask that you please allow the credit card company 1-2 billing statements before you see the refund.

Obviously, their website was not aware of the price change, either.   It's almost a week later and my card hs not been credited yet.  In the age of the internet, I should see the credit immediately on my card.

i would call your credit card company up just to get it on record with them. there is only a certain amount of time that you can dispute charges but i dont know how long you have. it would suck for SG to tell you it will take awhile only to find the window for you to dispute the charges closed. also i have never had a refund take longer then a billing cycle. good luck.

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I had the same higher charge made versus my ordered cost of $216.  I received no notification of the cost increase and will cotest this.  I have sent Sportman's an e-mail to this effect.  The ammo was shipped with out any cost increase notification.  I was told to refuse the order, which would be nice if I would be home, however I happen to be at work when UPS delivers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I got an e-mail from SG custserv just now ––-

Thank you for your email.
Your order total, including the $10.00 coupon is to be $249.46.( i dont have their buyer's club discount) We do not charge for the higher price until we notify you  as we need your permission to do so.If you have any questions please contact us.

what an interesting statement to make despite several other customers experiences on this forum!!!  
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys should call them about this. People are a lot more responsive to person to person contact and more likely to push back with keyboards.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I had the same problem with Sportsmans Guide.  Ordered 1K wolf 7.62 on 5/12.  They billed me the higher amount yesterday. I called today and they played stupid, like they "Had No Idea!".  After about 10 min on the phone they finally agreed to correct the price and credit me.  The CS rep gave me a sob story about how the manufacturer didn't notify them of the price increase.  I told her that unfortunately for them it was the cost of doing business and I couldn't believe that a company like SG has such piss poor communication w/ its supplier.   Hell , Wolf has been talking about a price increase for the past 6 months.  Bottom line, SG is playing damage control and they aren't gonna credit the customer unless they call and bitch.  They will however, gladly bill your credit card with the new higher price without notification.  Go figure!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I called and they refused to issue a credit.  They told me to mark refused on it and drop it off at UPS to get a credit.  Last order from me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#38]
SGTJoe,

Fuck it, fight it.  Hold on to it, don't open it.  Call your credit card company.  Let them dispute the charge.  Hopefully you have the email or some receipt of the original price you paid.  If your credit card company cant win the fight, then refuse it.  Just DON'T OPEN IT until its resolved.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#39]
This is not new for sportsman's guide to do this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I called and they refused to issue a credit.  They told me to mark refused on it and drop it off at UPS to get a credit.  Last order from me.

Sgt Joe, they filled the order when they shipped it, they can't just say "now give it back."  The higher charges are fraud.  Even less can they start dictating terms to you to make you go out of your way to get a REFUND on a FRAUDULENT charge.  Dispute it with your CC company.  But like the other fellow said, don't open the package till it is resolved, just to be safe.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I am not going to order backordered merchandise from them at all anymore. I cancelled my 1k of .223 when i got the backorder notice, and i am about to cancel the order for a rifle case. If its not in stock, the hell with it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#42]
They told me they would give me the refund –– I didn't even have to get mean.  Guess I got lucky...
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I always keep a copy of the purchase when backordered. If they don't refund the difference, as others have stated, contest the charge with you credit card company.  Do this before allowing UPS to pick the ammo back up.  Screw em.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks to all the crap you guys have been dealing with trying to get an honest deal at Sportsman's Guide I called to check the status of my two cases on backorder.  They informed me that they cancelled one of my cases of 39 and that they were willing to ship the other at the quoted price of 227.  I asked why did they cancel my second case and he stated, "We discontinued carrying the product."  I asked him why were they going to fill just once case of my two case order if they discontinued carrying the ammo and he stated, 'Do you want the other case or not?"  I told them exactly what they could do with that second case of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#45]
I tried to call them but I think they are closed for the weekend at least the customer service department.

I was invoiced for $223.54 when I got my ammo there was a new invoice for $299.00 inside the box.  I did not get a email or phone call telling me a new price they just went ahead and charged me. This is crap. what about the 100% satisfaction guarantee? If they want to give me some crap I am going to demand they refund my club fee too and I will be done with them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I recieved my first order of 5k for low price,  and second order I only had 1 case they upcharged to $299  will call to them to correct or pick up ammo to send back.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered 5 cases when I saw it posted on another forum. Was ~$227/$215 regular/club member. I called instead of ordering online to try and get free shipping. No dice but he did find some "coupon code" for me that brought it down to $204. I bought 5 cases. Said it was back ordered for 8 weeks. Received it in less than 2 weeks. You don't always get screwed by SG. I have ordered 15K from them over the last 4 years. Only 1 case was ever canceled on me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Since the price increase at the Guide seems to be more ammo listed on there website in a variety of different loads available and quite the price increase. 640 round tins went up $30 bucks,
WOW
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I just got mine and they raised the price but I called and they gave me a refund of the difference no problem.
Mike
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Not the first time they've pulled this shit.

Welcome to 3-5 years ago.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top