Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2006 1:00:06 PM EDT
On my Yugo underfolder rivet kit form MRKrink (thanks) I have two long rivets.  One for the rear trunnion and one for the bottom of the front trunnion.

Do I need one of these for my center support?  

or can I just get another cheap rivet and use something else as the sleeve that does not cost me almost 16 bucks?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i heat-treated a short piece of steel brake line in a couple of mine.  works fine, and if you ask your mechanic for a couple inches of brake line, he'll probably just give it to you for nothing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've welded in a piece of 1/4" steel rod on one of my builds. Anything steel and 1/4" diameter will work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just remember that whatever you use, the head that portrudes out the passenger side needs to be small enough that the selector clears it.

Personally I like the www.ak-builder.com center supports that you have pictured. The Tapco and other ones do not have the notch for the bolt to clear and are too long.

FWIW
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top