Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 11:11:07 AM EDT
I can say although this is my first post i've been searching around here for info for a while and would like to thank those that have contributed.

The Yugo m70b1 is a rifle, the wood, steal, weight, pull length etc. has nothing to be desired.  I completed the kit with a Cold steal blank and was ready to test fire it.  After inserting the G2 trigger, hammer and sear, when I pulled back the bolt it binds up at the back/rear area.  i have two questions.

1)  Is there any other way to fix this problem without grinding the hammer down to nothing?

2)  Can I use the original hammer without removing the auto saftey sear notch, as long as the correct number of other complance parts are used?  ( I do not want to grind on a $25 g2 hammer).
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
if the carrier pops out of upper rails i heard that installing a buffer should solve that, if the carrier binds on the hammer when pushing it back down you may need to grind and polish on the hammer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you give us a little more of a description of what is happening?  Have you tried to blue the bolt carrier to see what rubs?

Sauramen
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
just as offroader said....if it jumps out at the very back then the section that is cut out to let the bolt carrier in the rec is too long...installing a buffer will stop it from going all the way back

i had same prob w/ a couple of mine
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, the buffer idea sounds like it will work.

When you pull the bolt to the rear with the trigger group installed it is jumping out of the upper rails and binding up.  

I should have taken 1mm-1.5mm off the bottom of the rear tritium before I installed it, it is a little tall or the blank is a little short.

The cutout to allow the carrier to drop in is the same size as the original.

Grinding the hammer is not a good idea, although I got it to not push the bolt carrier out of the top rails it would not go down far enough to engage the sear.  It has been pitched, i'm glad I did not try it with the G2 hammer or take it to the range that way.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
if the carrier pops out of upper rails i heard that installing a buffer should solve that,

I had the same problem on my first build, a recoil buffer solved it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a common problem.  You might try shooting it as is.  Sometimes they only hang when slow cycling by hand but work OK when fired.  One I built on a crudely bent flat hangs so hard that I have to hit the carrier handle with the palm of my hand to get it to go back forward after racking it by hand.  But it cycles perfectly every time I pull the trigger.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top