Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:04:29 PM EDT
Has anyone here used the C-Clamp method to bend receiver flats?  If so what c-clamps did you use?  And how well did it work?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with that! Your best bet is to get or borrow a bending jig and a 12 ton press. I know from past experience that  that would be the easiest method. I have ruined 6 TAPCO flats screwing around , you can figure out the cost on that little experiment. ( it'll make me cry to think about it )
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I bent my first flat using a 555th jig and 2 c-clamps.  I would strongly recommend that if you are going to use c-clamps to bend your flats using a flat bending jig that you use 3 clamps and not just 2.  When I was bending my flat one of my c-clamps kind of exploded from me putting too much force into it and when I finished it with 3 clamps it went much better.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top