Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 6:59:23 PM EDT
I'm building a Romanian RPK and I want to weld over the trunnion markings and remark them with russian Molot markings, can this be done without messing up the heat treat of the trunnion. Thanks. McM
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i would say so...as long as u do it pretty quick.....it shouldnt hurt it any
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
will it effect the heat treat... YES IT WILL.
Will it hurt anything or affect the safety of the weapon - NOPE

Another option if you are going to PAINT the gun (moly or gunkote), you can silver solder the markings
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
TIG or Heli-Arch weld......No MIG or stick..
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
It will be TIG welded, I'm a pretty good welder myself with a mig, but a buddy of mine owns a welding shop and is one of the best i have ever seen, He has a pepsi can on his desk that he cut in half with a bandsaw and TIG welded back together and you can barely tell its been welded.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
you dont want to weld it
if he can weld a can the boy has some skills

but it will mess with the shape of the trunnion

sand off the #'s with a belt sander or disk sander and just renumber it
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top