Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:29:07 AM EDT
Hi all, I am thinking about building an AKM. AKM Reciever in Shotgun News is $50. AKM parts kit is $100. I've done an AR, but is the AK pretty easy? Is there a link w/ pics. and instructions, list of tools needed, and such? Thanks in advance.        
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
its not too difficult.  I was able to build mine just by reading these forums.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,
If you have good basic mechanical skills, are framiliar with a good range of tools for metal working and are willing to put some time into researching just how to go about choosing from the many ways this job can be done you can do it. And expect to have a shooting rifle when all is said and done. What you will find in the end is that you will spend a fair amout of money on things beyond the price of the kit and receiver. There are quite a few to list so it is easier to just tell you to do some indepth research before you start. Tools can be purchased, borrowed or home made. There is a lot of room for improvisation in all of this. Figure on spending around $200 to 250 on the basic parts needed. Then add for tools and a fair amout of your time to get it done the first time. You will not really save any money as for what you will end up spending on just building one rifle you could go out any buy a prebuilt one for close to the same amount. This is a short answer and not too detailed at but I hope it gives you a better idea of what you are looking at doing.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top