Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:31:30 PM EDT
I have a sheet metal bender available to me and i would be perfect for this job.

However, I can't find flat demensions anywhere.

Anybody have bend allowance, setback measurements? where to draw sight lines?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I know three different people in the metal trade and they all told me that their brakes would not bend a flat. The bottom of an AK receiver is 1.25" wide on the inside IIRC. I can't remember the front and rear height. I just measured the stubs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know three different people in the metal trade and they all told me that their brakes would not bend a flat. The bottom of an AK receiver is 1.25" wide on the inside IIRC. I can't remember the front and rear height. I just measured the stubs.

I have a jig that will make the major bends, but not the top rails. Those top rails are what i'm more or less worried about.

I was wanting to do the top rails in the brake and then use the jig to complete it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My jig will do the top rails as well.

I know you said you already have one, but hey, I'm just offering.

Here is a tutorial on the use of my jig www.sksboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9637

If you are interested, pm me
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top