Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 1:26:04 PM EDT
my buddy wants to sell me a polish tantal 5.45 kit thats in pretty good condition for $200. Centerfire goes for about 185 so its not too bad of a deal and i really like the look of them. (Ive seen the one in the "Osama Bin Layen Goats" videos) anyhow im wondering what kinds of receivers they have available for them (laser cut fold by hand, flats, prebent, completed, ect.) and how much they cost. Im basically wondering what the whole build will cost me and if it will be any more difficult than a standard ak rivit build. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Want to know the exact same information.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Just use your normal AK receiver. The build is the same as any other. Unless, you try to do the left side selector. I know nothing about it, but it looks like a real PITA. HTH.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in the process of working on one right now, using a flat from tapco, and had to but another hammer spring ( mine was cut ) and a regular AK selector, other than that just a usual as a regular build, some guys have gotten fancy and found a way to also install the left side selector as a dummy, do a search on gunco for more info....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Centerfire goes for about 185 so its not too bad of a deal

Centerfire has tantals?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Harlan at DCIndustries is suppose to have a tantal receiver coming out soon. I'm waiting for that as I feel it will be the best and look the most correct. may take a few months but I'm not in a huge rush
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Harlan at DCIndustries is suppose to have a tantal receiver coming out soon. I'm waiting for that as I feel it will be the best and look the most correct. may take a few months but I'm not in a huge rush

Do they have a website? And also, any word on whether they will be flats or complete?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
i think they will be 100%
and your other option is to get a reg style selector/safety lever and build it like anyother AK kit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, but since I have no real clue what I am doing anyway, I figure I'll just go all the way and wait for the DCI receiver.  I hope it is 100%.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
it will be 100% it is taking a little time
Harlan has alot on his plate. I just ordered a RPK receiver from him and hope to have it built in the next month. He also is working on standard AK receivers and probably a couple other jobs. When he finishes a rec. I've heard nothing but good.
http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm
thats his page with the receivers he has out now on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure the DCI receivers will be worth the wait. I have two Tantals waiting for receivers, and I may build one as a 5.56, considering the scarcity of 5.45 ammo these days!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top