Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:12:00 AM EDT
Finished putting Romy G kit together last night.  I still need to file some on the rails to get the bolt a little smoother.
My problem is:  The bolt is just hitting the center support as it cycles.  Should I file the center support a little????
Second problem is:  When I pull the bolt back about half the time the hammer doesn't lock down.  I have a Tapco double hook in it.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You can take a little off the top of the center suport to make it cycle smoother. Some center supports have a flat spot just for this reason. Also, is your hammer installed correctly? Often peole install it backwards, and that will cause it to not catch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll do a little grinding on the center support then.  I didn't want to do it without asking to make sure it wouldn't screw anything up.  
I'll double check the hammer but I'm pretty sure I have in the correctly.  I have a single hook in my sar-1 maybe I'll switch them out and see if that helps.
Thanks
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top